Barbara Miller, PhD, LEP, NCSP
- Assistant Professor, School Psychology Department
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, McGill University
- BA, Honours in Psychology Program, McGill University
- Practicum I: School Environment and Educational Assessment (FP 501)
- Practicum II: Psychoeducational Assessment and Intervention (FP 502)
- Legal, Ethical and Professional Issues in School Psychology (PS 630)
- Doctoral Practicum in Clinical Services I-IV (FP725; FP 726; FP 727; FP 728)
Research and Practice Interests
- Advocacy and legislative action
- Evidence based mental health practice in schools
- The expanded role of the school psychologist
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Educational Psychologist (Massachusetts Board of Allied Mental Health and Human Services)
- Licensed School Psychologist (Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education)
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist (National Association of School Psychologists)
- Lifetime Achievement, Massachusetts School Psychologists Association
- Massachusetts School Psychologist of the Year, Massachusetts School Psychologists Association
- Tufts University Outstanding Supervisor and Mentor
Publications and Presentations
Macklem, G., Miller, B., & Kinscherff R. (2016, April). Legal updates and improved ethical practice for serving children and families in schools. Continuing Education presentation at William James College, Newton, MA.
Miller, B. & Macklem, G.L. (2016, February). Ethical considerations encountered by experienced practitioners as supervisors. Practitioner Conversation presented at the 2016 Annual Convention of the National Association of School Psychologists, New Orleans, LA.
Macklem, G.L. & Miller, B. (2015, February). Late career transitions: Opportunities and choices. Practitioner Conversation presented at the 2015 Annual Convention of the National Association of School Psychologists, Orlando, FLA.
Miller, B. & Macklem, G. L. (2015, February). School psychologists can influence how their effectiveness is measured. Practitioner Conversation presented at the 2015 Annual Convention of the National Association of School Psychologists, Orlando, FLA.
Miller, B. (2014, March). Prevention and early intervention using Primary Project for at-risk students. Presentation at the Concord Area Special Education Collaborative meeting, Concord, MA.
Kliman, J., Silva, A., & Miller, B. (2014, March). Newly homeless, immigrant, or refugee children and families: Working in school and community. Presentation to Shrewsbury school district support staff, Shrewsbury, MA.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Massachusetts School Psychologists Association Board of Directors and Chair, Advocacy and Legislative Action Committee
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Massachusetts School Psychologists Association, Secretary, Vice President, President-elect, President, Immediate Past President, Legislative Committee Chair
- Adjunct Faculty, Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology (now William James College)
- Teaching Faculty, Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology (now William James College)
- Adjunct Faculty, Northeastern University Lecturer, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Private Practice, A.R.I.S.E., Waltham, MA
- School Psychologist, Concord-Carlisle Regional School District, Concord, MA
- School Psychologist, Concord Public School System, Concord, MA
- American Psychological Association
- Massachusetts School Psychologists Association
- National Association of School Psychologists