James Luiselli, EdD, BCBA-D
- Adjunct Faculty, School Psychology Department
- Research Methods in Behavior Analysis
- Ethics and Professional Behavior
Research and Practice Interests
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Behavioral Medicine
- Professional Training
- Performance Management
- Single-Case Research Design
- Research Dissemination
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist and Health Service Provider (Massachusetts)
- Diplomate in Behavioral and Cognitive Psychology (ABPP)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral (BCBA)
- 1996 - Ranked as one of the "Top 50" published researchers in the field of applied behavior analysis for the period 1974-1994 (The Behavior Therapist, 19, 141-142)
- 2000 - Ranked as one of the “Top 25” published researchers in the field of developmental disabilities for the period 1979-1999 (Research in Developmental Disabilities, 21, 257-261)
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in America 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 editions
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare 2002-2003 edition
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering 2003-2004 edition
- 2001 - Listed in Outstanding Scientists of the 21st Century, International Biographical Centre, United Kingdom
- 2005 - Listed in Contemporary Authors
- 2011 - Listed in The Writers Directory-30th Edition
Publications and Presentations
Luiselli, J. K. (2015). Rumination disorder. In R. Cautin & S. Lilienfeld (Eds.), The encyclopedia of clinical psychology. New York: Wiley-Blackwell.
Luiselli, J. K. (2015). Review of behavioral training and performance management interventions with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) care-providers. International Journal of Behavior Analysis and ASD, 1, 9-17.
Luiselli, J. K. (2016). Behavioral health promotion and intervention in intellectual and developmental disabilities. New York: Springer.
Luiselli, J. K. (2016). Health and welness. In N. N. Singh (Ed.), Clinical handbook of evidence-based practices for individuals with intellectual disabilities. New York: Springer.
Luiselli, J. K., & Fisher, A. J. (2016). Computer and web-based innovations in psychology, special education, and health. New York: Elsevier-Academic Press.
Luiselli, J. K. (2017). Applied behavior analysis advanced guidebook. New York: Elsevier-Academic Press.
Luiselli, J. K., Sperry, J., Draper, C., & Richards, C. (2017). parent-guradian evaluation of physical restraint among adults with intellectual disability: A social validiy assessment. Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders, 1, 73-78.
Luiselli, J. K., Worthen, D., Carbonell, L., & Queen, A. (2017). Social validity assessment of mindfulness education and practices among high school students. Journal of Applied School Psychology, 33, 124-135.
More than 200 presentations at professional conferences, workshops, and continuing education seminars.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Director of Clinical Development and Research, Melmark New England
- Associate Editor, Behavior Analysis in Practice
- Associate Editor, Journal of Child and Family Studies
- Board of Editors, Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities
- Board of Editors, Clinical Case Studies
- Board of Editors, Education and Treatment of Children
- Board of Editors, Mindfulness
- Board of Editors, Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Senior Vice President, Applied Research, Clinical Training, and Peer Review, May Institute, Randoplh, MA
- Berkshire Association of Behavior Analysis and Therapy
- Consultant to public and private schools and organizations