Jason P. Kaplan, PhD, LEP, NCSP
- Director, School Psychology PsyD Program
- Assistant Professor, School Psychology Department
- PhD, Counseling Psychology, Northeastern University
- MEd, CAGS, School Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- BA, Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Internship Seminar (CS701, CS702)
- Social and Emotional Assessment (P 600)
- Life Span Development (LS659)
- Group Process and Practice (GR611)
- Learning Disabilities: Research to Practice (IA772)
- Internship Seminar (CS801-804)
- Advanced Psychoeducational Assessment (PA700)
- Practicum in Advanced Assessment (FP721)
PsyD level Directed Studies in Adult Life Span Development (as needed)
Research and Practice Interests
- Assessment and treatment of children with learning and emotional disabilities
- Systems change
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Educational Psychologist (Massachusetts Board of Allied Mental Health)
- Licensed School Psychologist (Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education)
- Massachusetts Licensed Psychologist, Health Service Provider (HSP)
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist (National Association of School Psychologists)
Publications and Presentations
Vazquez-Nuttall, E., Li, C., & Kaplan, J. (2006). Home-school partnerships with culturally diverse families: Challenges and solutions for school personnel. Journal of Applied School Psychology, 22, 81-102.
Jacobs, D. & Kaplan, J. (2017, February). Creativity in the face of anger: Violence prevention in schools. Mini-skills presentation at the Annual Convention of the National Association of School Psychologist, San Antonio, TX.
Kaplan, J. (2017, February). Strategies and interventions for making change happen in your school. Practitioner conversation the Annual Convention of the National Association of School Psychologist, San Antonio, TX.
Kaplan, J. (2016, February). Six practical interventions for making change happen in your school. Workshop presented at the Annual Convention of the National Association of School Psychologists, New Orleans, LA.
Kaplan, J. (2015, March). Making change happen: Challenges and interventions for systems change in schools. Workshop presented at the MSPP School Psychology Department’s Community Forum, Newton, MA.
Kaplan, J. & Struzziero, J. (2013, October). Ethics: Challenges and opportunities. Workshop presented at the Annual Fall Conference of the Massachusetts School Psychologists Association, Norwood, MA.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Co-Chair: Ethics, Professional Standards and Credentialing Committee, Massachusetts School Psychologist Association
- Private Practice
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- School Psychologist, Newton Public Schools
- Adjunct Faculty Member, William James College (formerly MSPP)
- Clinician, Community Services Institute, Boston, MA (Internship)
- McLean Hospital Learning Evaluation & Child Outpatient Clinic (Advanced Practicum)
- Learning Specialist, Forman School, Litchfield, CT
- Chair, Employment Committee Massachusetts School Psychologist Association
- American Psychological Association
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Massachusetts School Psychologists Association
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Youth Soccer and Baseball Coach