Shyamala Venkataraman, PhD
- Associate Professor, Clinical PsyD Department
- Faculty Consultant to Registrar
- Member, Curriculum Committee
- PhD, Clark University, Worcester, MA
- MA, Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley,
- MA BSc, SRC College, Tiruchirappalli, India
- Lifespan Development (LS659)
- Clinical Practice of Family & Systems Therapy (FX615)
Research and Practice Interests
- Child & Family Development
- Language Development
- Transition to Parenting
- Migration & Identity
- Culture, Attachment & Resilience
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist, Massachusetts
- Licensed Psychologist, New York
- Faculty of the Year Award, WJC (2009)
- Mintz Chair Award (2012)
Publications and Presentations
Moderator, Psychology of Human Nature in Cinema: Family Dynamics (for the film “Meet the Patels,” 2016, April). Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
Invited Lecture (2010, January). Attachment theory and couples therapy. Presentation at Roger Williams University Counseling Center, RI.
Invited Lecturer, Theories of Psychological Development, TUFTS School of Medicine, Boston, MA (2009, January).
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Clinical Instructor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School.
- Consultant, Couples & Family Program, Cambridge Health Alliance (HMS Teaching Affiliate).
- Private practice, Newton, MA.
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Consulting Psychologist, NorthEast Parent & Child Society, Schenectady, NY
- Staff Psychologist, Adult & Child Treatment Programs, Albany County Mental Health Center.
- Director of Quality Assurance, Albany County Mental Health Center.
- Private Practice, Behavioral Health Specialists, Albany, NY.
- Assistant Professor, SUNY, College in Oneonta.
- American Psychological Association