Catherine Vuky, PhD
- Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychology Department
- Director, Asian Mental Health Concentration program
- Post-doctoral training at the Center for Multicultural Training in Psychology, Boston University Medical School
- PhD, California School of Professional Psychology, Alameda, CA
- Clinical Practice of Family & Systems Therapy (FX615)
- Clinical Seminar II (CS700 and CS705)
Research and Practice Interests
- Families and Children
- Immigration and Refugees
Professional Licenses and Certifications
Licensed Psychologist and Certified Health Services Provider (Massachusetts)
- Mental Health Fellow, Okura Mental Health Leadership Foundation
- Philips Brooks House Association Community Builder Award
Publications and Presentations
Vuky, C. & Xiu, Z.Y. (April 2019). Social Emotional Learning and Resilience. China Education Symposium. Lecture conducted from Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, MA.
Vuky, C., Nguyen, T., and Phan, T. (March, 2018). The Importance of Mental Health and Preventative Care. Visions of Community 2018: A Conference for Families of Children with Special Needs and the Professionals Who Serve Them. Lecture conducted from Federation for Children with Special Needs, Boston, MA.
Vuky, C., & Phan, T. (November, 2017). Cultural Considerations Counseling Asian Americans. Training provided to Berklee College of Music staff. Boston, MA.
Chandra, R., Park, Jong K., Tang, C, Vuky, C., & Yasumura, N. (May 2016). “Let’s Talk! Promoting the success and well-being of Asian & Asian-American students”. Harvard Graduate School of Education, Mental Health & Student Affairs Professionals Panel Mental Health Professionals’ Panel: “Let’s Talk! Promoting Success AND Well-being at the Same Time”. Cambridge, MA.
Hi LChen, J., Chen, J. H., Kim, J., Park, P., Suyemoto, P., Trinh, N.H., Truong, C. & Vuky, C. (April, 2016). Spring Speaker Series, the MGH Department of Psychiatry Center for Diversity hosted a screening of the award-winning documentary film “Can.” Boston, MA.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
Staff Psychologist and Clinical Supervisor, South Cove Community Health Center
- American Psychological Association
- Mentor- Mentorship progam for Asian American women in mental health professions
- Community Advisory Board Member - Boston Children’s Hospital
- Community Advisory Board Member, Boston University School of Social Work ,Women’s Action for Resilience and Empowerment (AWARE),
- Community Advisory Board Member, Boston Refugee Youth Enrichment (BRYE) Summer Program through Harvard University Philips Brooks House Association