Daisy Rivera, PsyD, LMHC
- Adjunct Faculty, BS in Psychology and Human Services
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology with a Concentration in Latino Mental Health, William James College
- Master of Arts in Counseling and Global Mental Health with a Concentration in Latino Mental Health, William James College
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a Preprofessional Certificate in Counseling, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- Fundamentals of Social Action
- Research and Design Methods in Psychological Science
Research and Practice Interests
- Individual and Group Psychotherapy
- Integrated Behavioral Medicine
- Multicultural and Global Mental Health
- Latino Mental Health
- Complex Trauma
- OBGYN Psychology
- Human Trafficking
- Social Justice & Human Rights
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
Publications and Presentations
Rivera, Daisy, M. (May 20, 2019). Effective Methods for Attorneys Working with Traumatized Clients. Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (NWIRP).
Rivera, Daisy, M. (May 9, 2019). Improving Latino Migrant Health and Occupational Safety Through an Integrated Biophysical Approach. National Advisory Council on MIgrant Health (NACMH).
Rivera, Daisy, M. (2018). Clinicians’ Openness to the Integration of Traditional Cultural Healing Methods in Psychotherapy with Latinos. Doctoral Dissertation. ProQuest.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Integrated Behavioral Health Therapist at Lynn Community Health Center.
- Consultant for Medical Residents from the Makerere University College of Health Sciences in Uganda regarding Management of COVID-19 Pandemic.
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Clinical experience at ABHS Parkside Crisis Stabilization Center, Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital, St. Mary’s Home for Children, North Shore Counseling Center, Tides Family Services, Lynn Community Health Center Refugee Clinic and OBGYN Clinic, Comprehensive Mental Health Systems, Kodiak Women’s Resource Center.
- Immersion experience at Hospital Calderon-Guardia, UNIBE, Fundación VIHDA, Hospital Gineco-Obstétrico Enrique C. Sotomayor, Association of Peasants of Vallue.
- Consultation experience with Northwest Immigrant Rights Project and Northwest Justice Project.
- APA Internship and Postdoctoral Fellowship at Columbia Valley Community Health.
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- National Latinx Psychological Association (NLPA)