Ethan Pollack, PhD
- Associate Professor and Core Faculty Clinical Psychology Program
- BA, MS, PhD (Clinical Psychology)
- Clinical Seminar I
- Clinical Seminar II
- Ethics, Standards, and Professional Practice
Research and Practice Interests
- General clinical practice (adults, children, family, and couples)
- Stepfamily Therapy
- Research: Ethics, Stepfamilies, general clinical topic and applications
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Massachusetts Licensed Psychologist/ H.S.P. Oklahoma Licensed Psychologist (inactive status)
In 2007 I received the William James Excellence in Teaching Award.
Publications and Presentations
Last publication was Pollack, E., Which master’s voice? Ethical dilemmas for managed care reviewers. In Small, R. and Barnhill, L. Practicing in the new mental health marketplace: Ethical, Legal, and Moral Considerations, 1998, American Psychological Association.
Throughout the 1990s I made multiple presentations, primarily at the American Psychological Association’s (APA) annual meetings which focused on ethics and managed care.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
In the past have served on the Massachusetts Psychological Association’s (MPA) Board of Directors, served as member and chair of the MPA Ethics Committee, and on numerous MPA Committees.
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
I was a founder of a large group mental health practice for more than 30 years and played a leadership role in that practice.
I am a Life member of both the American and Massachusetts Psychological Associations, and currently serve on the APA Board of Director’s Standing Hearing Panel which serves as an appeal body for members who have been sanctioned by the APA Ethics Committee.