Gemima St. Louis, PhD
617-327-6777 x1241, Work Space 443
- Associate Vice President for Workforce Initiatives & Specialty Training
- Associate Professor, Clinical Psychology Department
- Program Director, HRSA STAR Fellowship Program
- Director, PATHWAYS Program, Department of Community Engagement
- Faculty, Concentration in Children and Families of Adversity & Resilience
- PhD, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Systems Theory & Practice (ST810)
- Introduction to African & Caribbean Mental Health (AC620)
- Haiti Service Learning & Cultural Immersion Program (CC564 and CC565)
Research and Practice Interests
- Culturally-sensitive clinical services for children, adolescents and families
- School-based programs for at-risk youth
- Community mental health and evidence-based practices
- Disaster preparedness and interventions
- Trauma among immigrants and refugees
- Mentoring and global mental health
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist, Massachusetts Board of Registration
- Certified Health Service Provider, Massachusetts Board of Registration
Publications and Presentations
St. Louis, G. (2018). Preparing psychology students as global citizens and leaders: Why service learning matters. International Psychology Bulletin, 22(4), 39-41.
Nicolas, G., St. Louis, G., & Lacet, C. (2016). Building mental health capacity in Haiti through collaborative partnerships. Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers.
Austin, A., St. Louis, G., Bloom, J., & Jernigan-Noesi, M. (2016, October, 15). Ethnic identity development and the effects of perceived discrimination on the academic achievement of METCO students. Presentation delivered at the Annual Meeting of the New England Psychological Association. Worcester, MA: Assumption College.
Pierre, J., Bloom, J., St. Louis, G., & Prosper, V. (2016, October 15). Transgenerational transmission of trauma in Haitian families. Poster presented at the Annual Meeting of the New England Psychological Association. Worcester, MA: Assumption College.
Lambert, S., Bennasar, M. C., St. Louis, G., Ecker, B., & Rosowsky, E. (2016, January 21). The Role of mentoring in attracting doctoral students to work with underserved populations. Panel presentation delivered at the Mid-Winter Conference of the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology – “Creating Mentorship Pipelines.” Atlanta, Georgia: Grand Hyatt Hotel Buckhead.
St. Louis, G., Roizner, M., Gomez, S., Panetta, A., & Kinscherff, R. (2015, August 7). The PATHWAYS Program: An innovative, school-based mental health program for at-risk urban youth. Poster presented at the Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association. Toronto, Canada: Toronto Convention Center.
Bloom, J., & St. Louis, G. (2014, October 16). Surviving against all odds: Coping and resiliency among Haitian immigrants. Presentation delivered at the Annual “On New Shores” Conference. Toronto, Canada: Holiday Inn Hotel.
St. Louis, G., Pierre-Victor, M. A., Prosper, V., & Lacet, C. (2013, October 19). Haitian immigrants in the U.S. Presentation delivered at the 13th Annual Diversity Challenge Conference. Chestnut Hill, MA: Boston College.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Alum, American Psychological Association, Leadership Institute for Women in Psychology
- Member, APA’s New and On-going Initiatives Subcommittee
- Steering Committee Member, Haitian Mental Health Network
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Director of Mental Health Training and Research, The SPARK Center at Boston Medical Center
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry & Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine
- Clinical Director, Center for Community Health, Education & Research
- Instructor, Boston College, Lynch School of Education
- Consulting Psychologist and Clinical Supervisor, Children’s Services of Roxbury
- Member, APA Division 45 (Society for the Psychological Study of Culture, Ethnicity, and Race)
- Member, APA Division 52 (International Psychology)
- Member, APA Division 53 (Clinical Child Psychology)
- Co-Founder and Past-President, Haitian Mental Health Network
- Member, Rebâti Santé Mental (Port-au-Prince, Haiti)