Geri Fuhrmann, PsyD
- Teaching Faculty, Clinical Psychology Department
- PsyD University of Denver
- BA Tufts University
- Introduction to Clinical Practice
- Additional Field Placement Experience (AFPE)
Research and Practice Interests
- High Conflict parental separation and divorce
- Juvenile/Family Court services improvement
- Pediatric psychology
- Child forensic psychology
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- 1986 - National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- 1986 - Health Care Provider, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Board of Registration of Psychologists
- 1985 - Licensed Psychologist, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2012: Outstanding Contributions to Psychology Training Award
- UMass Medical School/UMass Memorial Health Care Psychology Network
- 2011: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Teaching Award University of Massachusetts Medical School
- 2010: Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), Mid-Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar. Accepted to attend and sponsored by Dept. of Psychiatry, Scottsdale, AZ
- 2001: Manual Carballo Governor’s Award for Excellence in Public Service Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2001: Outstanding Community Service Award
- Women’s Faculty Committee, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- 2001: Commonwealth Citation for Outstanding Performance
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- 2001: Official Citation: State Senate, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2000: Invited participant to international think tank on high conflict divorce, Wingspread Conference, Johnson Foundation
Publications and Presentations
Zibbell, RA and Fuhrmann,G. (2016). Child Custody Evaluations. In Jackson, R. and Roesch, R. (Eds.), Learning Forensic Assessment: Research and Practice (2nd ed). Routledge Press.
Fuhrmann, G. and Zibbell, R., (2012). Evaluations for Child Custody: Best Practices in Forensic Mental Health Assessment. Oxford University Press. Translated into Japanese (2014).
Fuhrmann, G. and Zibbell, R. (2012). Evaluations for Child Custody. In Roesch, R. and Zapf, P. (Eds.), Forensic Assessments in Criminal and Civil Law: A Handbook for Lawyers. Oxford University Press. (Recipient of the Psychology and the Law Society (APA Div. 41) Book Award, 2016).
Zelechoski, A. D., Fuhrmann, G. S. W., Zibbell, R. A., & Cavallero, L. M. (2012). Evaluation for child custody: Using best practices in a worst-case scenario. Journal of Forensic Psychology
Fuhrmann, G. and McGill, J., Parents Apart, a handbook for divorcing parents, Copyright 1995, revised and reprinted semi-annually, last reprint, 2010.
Fuhrmann, G, McGill and O’Connell, “Parent Education’s Second Generation: Integrating Violence Sensitivity,” Family and Conciliation Court Review, Vol. 37, 1, pp. 24-35, Jan., 1999
Strunk, R., Mrazek, D., Fuhrmann, G., Labreque, J., (1985). Physiologic and Psychological Characteristics Associated with Deaths Due to Asthma in Childhood: A case controlled study. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), 254 (9), 1193-1198 Reprinted in JAMA in Japanese, 1986, p. 82-89. Abstracted in JAMA in German, January 1986, p. 52
Strunk, R., *Wolfson, G., Labreque, J., Mrazek, D.A., (1984). Predictors of a Fatal Outcome in Childhood Asthma. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 73(1) Part 2.
Supervised Visitation: Court Practices, Orders and Other Documentation (1999). Task Force for the Trial Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
McBride, D., Fuhrmann, G., Miller, B., (1995). Dyscoordinate Breathing Presenting as Asthma: Differentiation from True Bronchospasm. Annals of Allergy, 54(4).
Azar, S., Benjet, C., Fuhrmann, G. and Cavallero, L., (1995). Child Maltreatment and Termination of Parental Rights: Can Behavioral Research Help Solomon J. of Behavior Therapy.
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- National Trainer, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Pediatric Psychologist, Pediatric Consultation/Liaison Psychiatry, University of MA Memorial Health Care
- Manager, Juvenile Forensic Services
- Department of Mental Health, Executive Office of Health and Human Services Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Psychologist, Pediatric Kidney Transplant team; Cystic Fibrosis team
- University of Massachusetts Memorial Health Care, Worcester, MA
- Director, Child and Family Forensic Center
- UMass Medical School/UMass Memorial Health Care, Worcester, MA
- American Psychological Association, lifetine member
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics