John Meigs, PsyD, LADC I
- Teaching Faculty in BS in Psychology and Human Services, MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and MA in Psychology programs
- PsyD, William James College 2018
- Master's in Counseling Psychology and Global Mental Health, The Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology 2014
- Research and Program Evaluation (MA CMHC and MA in Psychology programs)
- Professional Issues and Ethics (MA CMHC program)
- Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy (MA CMHC program)
- Family and Community Interventions for Substance Use and Addictions
- Ethics in Humans Services (BS PHS program)
- Ethics, Standards and Professional Practice (MA in Psychology Program)
- Ethnic Identity and Social Stratification (BS PHS Program)
Research and Practice Interests
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Substance use treatment
- Trauma focused care
- Cross-cultural and post-modern theories of psychotherapy
- Global mental health
- Post-colonial theories
- Subaltern studies
- Refugee mental health
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Existential psychology
- Liberation psychologies
- Theoretical research
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC I)
- Licensed, Psychologist, Certified Health Services Provider
Publications and Presentations
Fialkov, C., Haddad, D., Jean-Felix, F., Kotowska, E., Meigs, J., Ajibose, A., Cournoyer, K., Sweeper, D., and Bah, O. (2016, September). The Kenya Empowerment and Education Project. Presented at William James College, Newton, Massachusetts.
Armour, A., Meigs, J., (2016, May). Haiti Service Learning 2015: Spirituality & Community Identity and Connections in Vallue, Petit-Goâve. Presented at the Annual Haitian Mental Health Conference, Newton, Massachusetts.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Cambirdge Health Alliance/Harvard Medical School Postdoctoral Fellow in the Psychodynamic Research Clinic (PRC) and the Neuropsychological and Psychological Assessment Service (NAPA).
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Clinical experience at New Hope TSS, Lynn Community Health Center Refugee Clinic, Lesley University Counseling Center, the Metro Boston Mental Health Units at the Lemuel Shattuck Hospital, MIT Mental Health and Counseling Service, and the White River Junction VA Medical Center/National Center for PTSD.
- Consultation experience at the Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma.
- APA Division 52