Kathryn Stanley, MS, PhD
- Chair, Organizational and Leadership Psychology Department
- Director, Leadership Psychology PsyD Program
- Faculty, Leadership Psychology PsyD
- PhD, Organizational Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant University
- MS, Organizational Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology
- BA, Philosophy, University of Connecticut
- BFA, Fine Arts – Painting, University of Connecticut
- Leadership, Multicultural Skills and Use of Self (LP711) and (OP600)
- The Neuroscience of Leadership (LP750)
- Quantitative Methods 1: Organizational Assessment (LP726)
- Doctoral Project 1 (LP806)
- Dissertation 1 and 1
- Practicum and Advanced Leadership Seminar
- Foundations of Organizational Development (ST500)
- Designing Organizations, Groups, & Teams (ST501)
- Diagnosis, Intervention, & Evaluation in Organizations (ST502)
- Consulting Skills (OP620)
- Field Placement Seminar (FP723/FP733)
- Capstone (PR850)
Research and Practice Interests
- Designing organizations to innovate
- Dynamics of innovation
- Authentic leadership and presence
- Group dynamics, communication and interpersonal dynamics
- Neurobiology of leader/follower dynamics
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Kantor Baseline Profile & Interventionist Training Level 1 completed 2014 and Level 2 Certification expected completion July 2015, from Kantor Institute/Dialogix
- Certified Administrator of the Kantor Baseline Instrument since 2013
- Certified Lore Executive Coach, from Lore International, since 2004
- Qualified Administrator, FIRO-B, from The Application of Type (APT), since 2004
- Qualified Administrator, Meyers Briggs Type Indicator, Step I & II, from The Center for Application of Type (CAPT), since 2003.
- Qualified Administrator, Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument, since 2002
- Qualified Administrator, Social Styles Inventory, since 2002
- Organizational Design Training workshop at University of Southern California’s Center for Effective Organizations with Jay Galbraith, Sue Mohrman and Ed Lawler, 2002
- Conference Board: Advanced Training in Mergers and Acquisitions, 1999
- Faculty Award from William James College for Excellence in Teaching, 2016
- Certificate of Recognition from Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) for redesign of the Agencies Customer Service Questionnaire, 2003
- Team Excellence Award, HR forum, From Raytheon, 2002
- Certificate of Merit, Raytheon Six Sigma, 2003
- Goodwill Appreciation Award for process facilitation of the task force responsible for culture change, 1999
Publications and Presentations
Ullmen, J., & Stanley, K. (2007) Which Bird Gets Heard? How to have impact even in a flock. Xllibris Press, NY, NY
Stanley (nee’ Donald), K. & Haroutiounian, A. (January 2001). Consulting to the holographic organization. Wisdom of ASTD-LA 2001.
Stanley, K., Ralston, M. & Katsarou, M. (2016, September). Unleashing Innovation, 6th Engaged Management Scholarship Conference, Universite’ Dauphine, Paris, France.
Stanley, K. (2015, April). Organizational Consulting and Intervention, Suffolk University’s Annual APA Student Week, Boston, MA
Stanley, K. (2014). Managing Difficult Workplace Relationships, InsideNGO’s Annual Conference, Washington D.C.
Stanley, K. (2014). Remote Relationships and Effective Communications, InsideNGO’s Annual Conference, Washington D.C.
Stanley, K. (2014). Leadership in the Wake of Trauma, Research Presentation to the Mental Health Matters Conference, Newton, MA.
Stanley, K. (2013). Organizational Design for NGOs, half day workshop for InsideNGO, Boston, MA.
Stanley, K. & Goldman-Schuyler, K., Sekei, S. & Cortez, L. (2013). Waking Up At Work, Research Results Presentation to the International Leadership Institute Annual Conference, Montreal, Canada.
Stanley, K. & Goldman-Schuyler & Cortez, Lorna (2012). Waking Up At Work, Research Results Presentation to the Academy of Management Annual Conference, Boston, MA
Stanley, K. (2005). Culture Change, Key Note for Raytheon Organizational Effectiveness Annual Summit.
Stanley, K. (2004). Mentoring and Diversity, Raytheon Multicultural Society, Los Angeles, CA.
Stanley, K. and Haroutiounian, A. (2001). Disruptive Change In the New Economy, American Society of Training and Development, Los Angeles, CA
Stanley, K (2001). Recruitment and Retention of the Knowledge Worker in E-Business, Los Angeles Organizational Development Network’s E-Business Summit - 2, Los Angeles, CA.
Stanley, K. and Haroutiounian (2000). Consulting to the Holographic Organization, LAODN E-business Summit, Los Angeles, CA, 2000
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Thompson Island, Organizational Development Consultant, 2016-.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine, Authorized Vendor of Organizational Development Consulting and Executive Coaching Services, 2016-.
- Kantor Institute / Dialogix, Certified Training Provider for USA , 2014-.
- Bose Corporation, Framingham MA, Authorized Vender of Organizational Development Consulting Services, 2013-.
- DiscoverE (see Discovere.org), Washington, D.C., Executive Coach and Organizational Development Consultant, 2013-.
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Head Quarters, US and Europe, Organizational Development Consultant, 2008-2010.
- Raytheon Company, El Segundo, CA and Waltham, MA, Sr. Principle Organizational Effectiveness (OE) Consultant, Program Manager, and Executive Coach (employee), 2002-2005.
- Phillips Associates Management Consultants, Malibu, CA, Organizational Development Consultant, 2000-2002.
- Avery Dennison via Howard and Edwards International, Pasadena, CA, Senior Organizational Development Consultant (onsite consultant), 2001-2002.
- Homepage.com, Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development, Santa Monica, CA, 1999-2001
- Yahoo! Marina Del Rey and Santa Clara, CA, Manager Human Resources (employee), 1998- 1999.
- Committee Member (2012- present) Academy of Management, Management, Spirituality and Religion (MSR)
- Human Resources Leadership Forum (HRLF) (2013-present)
- International Leadership Association (ILA) (2013-present)
- Academy of Management (AOM) (2012-Present)
- Board Member (2012-2013) Center for the Study of Groups and Social Systems (CSGSS), Boston Affiliate of the A.K.A. Rice Institutes, Member since 2010.
- Education Committee Member (2004), Northeast Human Resources Association (NEHRA), Boston Chapter
- President-Elect (2003), American Society of Training and Development (ASTD-LA) Los Angeles Chapter
- American Society of Training and Development, Member, Vice President and President-Elect, 2001-2003
- Vice President (2001-2002) American Society of Training and Development (ASTD- LA) Los Angeles Chapter
- Organizational Development Network (ODN) member 1999-2002
- Pro bono consultation to the Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) for redesign of the Agencies Customer Service Questionnaire
- Pro bono executive team development at Boston Nonprofit
- Pro bono training for seniors re-ententering the workforce after crash of 2008
- Pro bono consultation to executive staff at legal service provider for persons with mental health disabilities
- Pro bono consultation to Board of Directors at nonprofit providing food and shelter to the homeless
- Pro bono organizational development culture change intervention to free clinic
- Pro bono consultation and training in effective team communication for international NGO