Luba Feigenberg, EdD, EdM
- Adjunct Faculty, School Psychology Department
- EdD, Harvard University
- EdM, Harvard University
- BA, Haverford College
- School Climate: Assessment, Intervention, and Evaluation
Research and Practice Interests
- School climate and social emotional learning
- Research and program evaluation
- Mental health and education integration
- Systems change
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- School Adjustment Counselor (Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education)
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management and Leadership (Institute for Nonprofit Practice)
Publications and Presentations
Weissbourd, R., Anderson, T. R., Cashin, A. C., Feigenberg, L. F., & Kahn, J. (2016). Turning the tide: Inspiring concern for others and the common good through college admissions. Cambridge, MA: Making Caring Common Project at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Weissbourd, R., Feigenberg, L. F., Anderson, T. R., Kahn, J., & Cashin, A. C. (2015). Leaning out: Teen girls and leadership biases. Cambridge, MA: Making Caring Common Project at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Feigenberg, L. F. (2013). Annual report on program services. Boston, MA: Boston Children’s Hospital Neighborhood Partnerships Program.
Ferrans, S. D., Feigenberg, L. F., & Selman, R. L. (2013). Rules of the culture and personal needs: Witnesses’ decision-making process to deal with situations of bullying in middle school. Harvard Education Review, 82(4), 445-470.
Feigenberg, L. F., Watts, C. L., & Buckner, J. C. (2010). The School Mental Health Capacity Instrument: Development of an assessment and consultation tool. School Mental Health, 2(3), 142-154.
Selman, R. L., & Feigenberg, L. F. (2009). Between neurons and neighborhoods: Innovative methods to assess the development and depth of adolescent social awareness. Developmental Social Cognitive Neuroscience.
Feigenberg, L. F., King, M., Barr, D. J., & Selman, R. L. (2008). Belonging to and exclusion from the peer group: Influences on adolescents’ moral choices. Journal of Moral Education, 37(2), 165-184.
Avery, M. W., & Feigenberg, L. F. (2007). Mental health first aid. Manual for early childhood centers. Boston, MA: Action for Boston Community Development.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Consultant and researche
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Part-time Faculty, Tufts University, Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development
- Research Director, Making Caring Common project, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Executive Director of Child Development, YMCA of Greater Boston
- Assistant Director, Children’s Hospital Neighborhood Partnership Program, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Director of Research and Evaluation, Children’s Hospital Neighborhood Partnership Program, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Instructor in Psychology, Harvard Medical School
- American Psychological Association
- American Educational Research Association
- Speaker on social emotional learning for educators and parent
- City of Cambridge Family Policy Council
- Connected Beginnings Training Institute Advisory Council