Margaret Hannah, MEd, GCEC
617-327-6777 x1295, Work Space 18
- Adjunct Faculty, School Psychology Department
- Co-Director, Certificate in School Climate and Social Emotional Learning
- Executive Director, Freedman Center for Child and Family Development
- Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching, William James College
- MEd, Counseling Psychology with Community Counseling Concentration, University of Miami
- BS, Behavioral Science, University of Miami
- Group Process and Practice (GR 611)
- Practicum I: School Environment and Educational Assessment (FP 501)
- Practicum II: Psychoeducational Assessment and Intervention (FP 502)
Research and Practice Interests
- Consultee-centered consultation and coaching
- Mental health promotion and prevention science
- Social emotional learning
- Systems change
- Play-based interventions
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Structural Dynamics, Kantor Institute
- City of Newton Distinguished Service Award
Publications and Presentations
Peabody, M.A., Perryman, K.L., Hannah, M., Smith, L., & Sanyshyn, S.M. (2018). Improving mental health outcomes for young children through the implementation of the Primary Project. Journal of School-Based Counseling Evaluation and Policy. 1(1): 40-50.
Peabody, M. A., Hannah, M., Murphy, B. M., Smith, L., & Reynolds Weber, M. (2018, October 18). Building Competency in School Psychology Trainees Through the Use of Primary Project. Training and Education in Professional Psychology. Advance online publication.
Hannah, M. (2015). How psychology is adapting to the world of technology. Tech Crunch. Retrieved from techcrunch.com/2015/12/28/how-psychology-is-adapting-to-the-world-of-tech/
Hannah, M., & Reilly, N. (2013). Whywellness: On-line wellness program for children. Retrieved from www.Whyville.net
Hannah, M. (2010). Cyber bullying education for parents: A guide for clinicians. Journal of Social Sciences, 6(4), 532-536.
Hannah, M. (2016, October). Post-partum depression, addressing resources. Lecture presented at the Statewide Task Force for the Prevention of Post-Partum Depression, Boston, MA.
Hannah, M. (2016, October). Accessing mental health resources. Lecture presented at Coalition for Suicide Prevention, Plymouth, MA.
Hannah, M. (2016, August). Providing access to mental health services through a helpline service. Lecture presented at the Coalition for Suicide Prevention, Cohasset, MA.
Hannah, M. (2016, May). Promotion of mental health and prevention of mental illness. Lecture presented at the Legislative Task Force, Boston, MA.
Hannah, M. (2015, January). Addressing perinatal depression, developing a statewide consultation and care coordination model. Poster presented at the Association of Maternal and Child Health, Washington, D.C.
Hannah, M. (2015, 2016, April). Promotion of mental health and prevention of mental illness. Presented as a guest lecturer at CFAR program meeting, William James College. Newton, MA.
Hannah, M. (2013, November). Primary Project implementation in a graduate school training program. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Massachusetts Psychological Association, Boston, MA.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Executive Director, Freedman Center for Child and Family Development, William James College
- Commissioner, Commonwealth of Massachusetts Governor’s Commission on the Prevention of Post-Partum Depression
- Commissioner, Commonwealth of Massachusetts Governor’s Commission, Promote-Prevent
- Massachusetts Academy of Pediatrics Mental Health Task Force
- Resource and Referral Subcommittee member
- Advisory Group Member, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Children’s Mental Health
- Advisory Member NAMI Massachusetts/ Compass Service
- Advisory Member, PRISM study, University of Massachusetts
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Newton Public Schools, Newton, MA, Administrator, Federal Mental Health Grant
- Newton Public Schools, Newton MA, Assistant Teacher
- WarmLines Parent Teacher Resources, Inc., Newton MA, Training Leader
- Room for Children, Inc., Boston, MA, Director Parent Education, Founding Partner
- Automatic Data Processing, Waltham, MA, Training Manager, Human Resources
- Chairperson, Core Management Team, The Newton Partnership, Newton MA
- Executive Team Member, Newton City Wide Crisis Team, Newton MA
- Committee Member, Legislative Task Force, Post- Partum Depression, Boston, MA
- Committee Member, Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative, Boston, MA
- National Association of School Psychologists
- International Coaching Association
- City of Newton Community Collaborations Task Force
- Eucharistic Minister, Baptism Ministry, Pre Cana Ministry, Catholic Church, Newton, MA
- Pro-Bono Coach Social Innovation Forum, Boston, MA