Maria Veronica Zapater-Raberov, PsyD
- Adjunct Professor, Latino Mental Health Program
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology, William James College
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Psychology with a minor in Cognitive Neuropsychology, Harvard University
- Clinical Seminar in Assessment with Latinx Population
Research and Practice Interests
- Cross-Cultural Neuropsychology
- Bilingual Psychoeducational evaluations (Spanish - English)
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion
- Advocacy for English Learner (EL) students and families
- Latino Mental Health
- Social Justice
- Anti-Racism Education
- Parenting for Equity
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist and Certified Health Services Provider (Massachusetts)
Publications and Presentations
March 2019. Presenter at Culturally Responsive Assessment Practices for Latinx: Meeting the Needs of a Growing and Diverse Population Conference. Presentation titled: "Unique Considerations When Assessing School-Age Latinx in the School Setting and Private Practice"
December 2018. Panelist at The Intersection of Race, Resiliency & Trauma, A Community Driven Symposium.
Zapater-Raberov, Maria, V. (2016). Testing the Cultural Fairness of the Spanish Version of the Addenbrooke's Cognitive Examination-Revised (ACE-R) Through Item Analysis with a Peruvian Population. Doctoral Project. ProQuest.
Almeida, J., Mahon, B., Zapater-Raberov, V., Dziuba, A., Cabaco, T., Marques, F., Nakayama, K. & Caramazza, A. (2013). Grasping with the eyes: the role of elongation in visual object recognition. Cognitive, Affective, and Behavioral Neuroscience.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Private and school-based evaluation services to school-age students struggling with learning disorders, attention-deficit disorders, and severe emotional and behavioral challenges.
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Postdoctoral and clinical experience performing a wide range of evaluations (neuropsychological, psychoeducational, attentional, social-emotional) to school-age children at Boston Neuropsychological Services.
- APA internship at Lynn Community Health Center
- Neuropsychology internship at Brigham and Women's Hospital - Division of Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology.
- Administered psychological testing batteries in Spanish at Metrowest Neuropsychology LLC and at The Brenner Center
- Hispanic Neuropsychological Society (NHS)