Niko Wilson, PhD, LMHC, NCC
- Core Faculty and Assistant Professor, Counseling and Behavioral Health Department
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision, University of Central Florida
- MS in Counseling Psychology, Palm Beach Atlantic University
- BS in Psychology, University of Central Florida
- Professional Issues and Ethics
Research and Practice Interests
- Couples and Families
- Integrated Behavioral Health Care
- Women's Health
- Neuroscience Education in Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (Florida)
- National Certified Counselor
- Dissertation Award - 2021. University of Central Florida Student Scholar Symposium.
Publications and Presentations
Wilson, N., & Barden, S. M. (2021). Infidelity in Couples. In M.E. Young, S.M. Barden, & L.L. Long, (Eds.), Counseling and Therapy for Couples: An Integrative Model (Ch. 10). Pearson Education.
Barden, S.M., Silverio, S., Wilson, N., Taylor, D. & Carlson, R. (in press) Couples coping through COVID: Implementation of an online relationship intervention. Couple and Family Psychology: Research and Practice.
Wilson, N., Russell, B. (2020, January). Neuro-informed counseling: Considerations when including both the mind and the brain in mental health counseling. University of Central Florida 12th Annual Counselor Education Conference. Orlando, FL.
Wilson, N. (2020, January). Safety first: Adapting evidence-based trauma interventions for stabilization in integrated care. University of Central Florida 12th Annual Counselor Education Conference. Orlando, FL.
Butler, K., & Wilson, N. (2020, November). Matters of Diversity. Panel Member. University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL.
Wilson, N., Russell, B., & Finnell, L. (2019, October). Mind the gap: The absence of education and supervision related to working with family systems impacted by trauma. Association for Counselor Education and Supervision. Seattle, WA.
Hagedorn, W. B., & Wilson, N. (2019, March). Applications of acceptance and commitment therapy: Navigating shame and moral injury. American Counseling Association. New Orleans, LA.
Hagedorn, W. B., Chase, A., & Wilson, N. (2018, October). Fostering affective empathy in students working with addicted clients. Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision. Myrtle Beach, SC
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Private Practice - Mental Health and Marriage and Family Counseling
- Co-Chair, Women's Interest Network, Southern Assoication for Counselor Education and Supvervision
- Emerging Leader, Southern Association of Counselor Education and Supervision
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Co-Coordinator, Integrated Care Symposium, University of Central Florida
- President, Counselor Education Doctoral Student Organization, University of Central Florida
- Conference Research Coordinator, Counselor Education Department, University of Central Florida
- Leadership Council, Apopka Clinic, UCF College of Medicine
- Association for Counseling Sexology and Sexual Wellness
- American Counseling Association
- Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development
- Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling
- Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors
- Northern Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors