Bob Childs, PsyD
- Teaching Faculty
- PsyD Clinical Psychology 1998, Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology APA Accredited Doctoral Program
- MEd 1993, Harvard University in Counseling Processes
- Humanistic Theory
- Clinical Seminar IV: The Theory and Practice of Supervision and Consultations
- Spirituality, Jung and the Use of Images in Psychotherapy
- The Clinical Use of Dreams
Research and Practice Interests
- Humanistic Psychology
- The Psychology of Adoption
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- MA Licensed Psychologist
Publications and Presentations
Childs, R. (2014). Agency and Self Experience in The Annals of Theoretical Psychology. Springer Publications
January 20, 2016. Addressing the Challenges of Climate Change: The Contributions and Perspectives of Humanistic Psychology. Given at William James College.
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- 2015-Present, William James College, Newton Massachusetts ~ Started the Humanistic Psychology lecture series that brings in outside speakers on various topics related to Humanistic Psychology.
- 2008-Present, Teaching Faculty, William James College, Newton, Massachusetts ~ teaching courses in Humanistic Theory, Supervision and Consultation, Jungian Psychology.
- 2001-Present, Private Practice, Cambridge, Massachusetts ~ providing psychotherapy to adult patients in a Humanistic Model
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- 1996-2001, The Cambridge Hospital, Cambridge Massachusetts, Outpatient Psychiatry Department ~ provided individual psychotherapy for adult patients with a wide range of diagnosis in a hospital setting.
- 1998-2001, The Center for Family Connections, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Psychotherapist ~ Provide individual and group psychotherapy for children, adult adoptees and birth parents in a family systems milieu.
- 1991-1994, The Family Center, Somerville, Massachusetts, Psychotherapist ~ Affiliated with PACT [Pre and Post Adoption Consulting Team] ~Provide individual and group psychotherapy for adult adoptees in a family systems milieu.
- 1989-1994 , Private Practice, Psychotherapist ~ Facilitate two psychotherapy groups focused on the experience of adoptees ~ Facilitate psychotherapy group focused on the experience of birth parents.
- 1976-1978, Kennebec Valley Mental Health Center, Waterville, Maine , Crisis Intervention. ~ Specialized in crisis intervention in hospital setting.
- American Psychological Association (APA)