Robyn Bratica, PhD, LEP, NCSP
- Assistant Professor, School Psychology Department
- PhD, MA, School Psychology, University of Rhode Island
- Graduate Certificate in Women’s Studies, University of Rhode Island
- BA, Psychology, magna cum laude and honors program, Saint Michael’s College
- Behavioral Assessment, Intervention and Consultation (BC521)
- Internship Seminar (CS701 & CS702)
- Practicum I: School Environment and Educational Assessment (FP501)
- Practicum II: Psychoeducational Assessment and Intervention (FP502)
Research and Practice Interests
- School threat assessment and prevention
- Social emotional learning
- Bullying and relational aggression
- Special education eligibility and comprehensive school-based assessment practices
- Consultation and collaboration
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Educational Psychologist (Massachusetts Board of Allied Mental Health and Human Services)
- Licensed School Psychologist (Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education)
- Licensed School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor (Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education)
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist (National Association of School Psychologists)
- Graduate Student Excellence in School Psychology, University of Rhode Island (2011)
- American Psychological Association Travel Award (2009)
- The Marie Henault Award in Gender/Women’s Studies, Saint Michael’s College (2006)
Publications and Presentations
Bratica, R. B. (2018). Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Issues in Schools: Advocacy, Research, and Global Perspectives. [Review of the book Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and Schooling: The Nexus of Research, Practice, and Policy, by S. T. Russell & S. S. Horn (Eds.)]. Sex Roles, 78(3-4), 309-310.
(Bratica) Sullivan, R. (2013). How to use daily report cards. [Review of the book Daily report cards: An evidence-based system of assessment and intervention, by R. J. Volpe & G. A. Fabiano]. Communiqué, 42(4), 38.
(Bratica) Sullivan, R. (2012). Summary of Comorbidity/Overlapping Between ADHD and PTSD in Relation to IQ Among Children of Traumatized/Nontraumatized Parents, by A. Daud & P. A. Rydelius. Communiqué, 41(4), 16-17.
Bratica Sullivan, R., & Stoner, G. (2012). Developmental and gender differences in elementary school children’s recognition of bullying. Pastoral Care In Education, 30(2), 113-125.
(Bratica) Sullivan, R. (2012). Summary of Including school resource officers in school-based crisis intervention, by R. K. James, J. Logan, & S. A. Davis, Communiqué, 40(6), 36.
(Bratica) Sullivan, R. (2011). Lessons from the field. School Psychology: From Science to Practice, 3(3), 4-5.
Bratica, R. (2011). Summary of High school teachers’ experiences with suicidal students: A descriptive study, by S. Freedenthal & L. Breslin. Communiqué, 39(8), 19-20.
Bratica, R. (2009). Summary of Fears of American children following terrorism, by J.J. Burnham & L. M. Hooper. Communiqué, 38(3), 15-16.
Bratica, R., Verdi, G., Swentosky, A., Wood, D., O’Bryon, E., & Bueno de Mesquita, P. (2009). Implementing an Anti-Violence Curriculum in a Culturally Diverse School District. School Psychology: From Science to Practice, 1(3), 32-36.
Bratica Sullivan, R. & Stoner, G. (2012, July). Student, Peer, and Teacher Reports of Bullying: Examining the Correlations and Accuracy Between Multiple Informants. Paper presentation at the International School Psychology Association Annual Conference, Montreal, QC, Canada
Moore, J., Bratica Sullivan, R., Swentosky, A. (2011, August). A Comparative Evaluation of Evidence-Based Violence and Bullying Prevention Programs. Poster session at the American Psychological Association Annual Convention, Washington D. C.
Bratica, R. (2011, February). Parental Illness and Psychological Health: A Counseling Case Study. Poster session at the National Association of School Psychologists Annual Convention, San Francisco, CA
Bratica, R. & Moore, J. (2011, February). Improving Teacher Attitudes Towards Consultation. Poster session at the National Association of School Psychologists Annual Convention, San Francisco, CA
Swentosky, A., Bratica, R., Bueno de Mesquita, P., & Wood, D. (2011, February). Implementation and Evaluation of Violence and Bullying Prevention Programs. Paper presentation at the National Association of School Psychologists Annual Convention, San Francisco, CA.
Bratica, R., O’Bryon, E., Wood, D., Verdi, G., Swentosky, A., & Bueno de Mesquita, P. (2010, March). Violence Prevention in the Schools: An Examination of Evidence-Based Programs. Poster session at the National Association of School Psychologists Annual Convention, Chicago, IL
Bratica, R. & Stoner, G. (2010, March). Gender and Developmental Differences in the Identification of Aggression. Poster session at the National Association of School Psychologists Annual Convention, Chicago, IL
Bratica Sullivan, R.B. (2016, March). DSM-V: What Educators Need to Know. Local Staff Development Opportunities Dinner Presentation, Norfolk, MA
Bratica Sullivan, R. (2013, April). Addressing Bullying Within the Classroom: Resources for Teachers. Paper presentation at the Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence Annual Conference, Reading, MA
Bratica Sullivan, R. B., Sproull, L. E., & May, L. A. (2012, May). Using Social Networking in School Psychology. Paper presentation at the Vermont Association of School Psychologists Annual Spring Conference, Montpelier, VT
Bratica Sullivan, R., & Rogers, L. (2011, October). Bullying and Relational Aggression Among Ethnically Diverse Gay Male Youth. Paper presentation at the Diversity Challenge Annual Conference, Boston, MA
Bratica, R. (2011, March). Child Psychoanalysis: Past and Present. Paper presentation at the Eastern Psychological Association Annual Meeting, Cambridge, MA
Bratica, R. (2010, October). Relational Aggression: Not Just About Girls Anymore. Paper presentation at the New England Psychological Association Annual Conference, Colchester, VT
Bratica, R. (2010, October). Educational Attainment of Girls: Pre-School to Ph.D. Poster session at the Reimagining Girlhood: Communities, Identities, Self-Portrayals Conference, Cortland, NY
Diagnosis vs. Classification. Presentation to the Milford Special Education Parent Advisory Council in Milford, MA (2017, November).
DSM-5: What Educators Need to Know. Presentation to administrative staff and Team Chairs in Milford, MA (2016, December).
Social Emotional Learning. Presentation at the Milford Public Schools Leadership Retreat in Milford, MA (2016, August).
Review of Individualized Education Programs. Presentation to middle school teachers with Rebecca Kiley in Milford, MA (2015, November).
Supporting At-Risk Children and Adolescents. Paper presentation at the Milford Constant Learning Conference, Milford, MA (2015, October)
Suicide: From Ideation to Intervention. Presentation to middle school teachers in Milford, MA (2015, October).
Identification of Specific Learning Disabilities. Presentation to Team Chairs in Milford, MA (2015, May).
Supporting Your Child’s Social-Emotional Needs over the Summer. Presentation to Parent Teacher Organization in Reading Public Schools, Reading, MA (May, 2013).
Autism Spectrum Disorders: Interventions and Supports. Presentation to elementary school teachers in Reading, MA (April, 2013).
Graduate School in Psychology. Presentation to students enrolled in Introduction to Clinical Psychology at the University of Rhode Island (March, 2010).
Careers in Psychology. Presentation (Panel Participant) to Psychology Department undergraduate students, through the Psychology Club at the Community College of Rhode Island, Knight Campus (October, 2009).
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Educational Consultant/Psychoeducational Evaluator
Prior Professional Leadership and/or Work Experience
- Special Education Team Chairperson, Milford Public Schools
- School Psychologist/School Adjustment Counselor, Milford Public Schools
- School Psychologist, Reading Public Schools
- Disability Services for Students Counselor, University of Rhode Island
- American Psychological Association
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Massachusetts School Psychologists Association
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Social-Emotional Learning Alliance of Massachusetts
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Psychology in the Schools
- Division 16 Proposal Reviewer for the American Psychological Association Convention
- Proposal Reviewer for the National Association of School Psychologists Convention
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life Participant
- Fundraiser for the March of Dimes through the Run for Babies Program
- Special Olympics Volunteer
- Youth Track and Field Coach