Scott Wimer, MA, PhD
- Adjunct Faculty, Leadership PsyD
- PhD, Psychology UCLA
- MA, Psychology UCLA
- BA, Psychology University of Rochester
- Adaptive Leadership and Immunity to Change (LP740)
Research and Practice Interests
- Executive coaching
- Organizational culture
- Professional development for consultants and coaches
- T-groups, 360° feedback
- Teams and team dynamics
- Consulting skills
Publications and Presentations
Wimer, S. 2016. “And Now… After the Apprentice.” Pocono Record, February 1, 10.
Wimer, S. 2004. “Trump is No Paragon of Real-World Leadership.” Los Angeles Times, September 17, E-1.
Wimer, S. 2003. “A T-Group Journey.” ODPractioner, 35 (3), 40 - 44.
Wimer, S. 2002. “The Dark Side of 360 Degree Feedback.” Training and Development. September, 37 – 42.
Wimer, S. and Nowack, K. 1998. “How to Benefit from 360 Degree Feedback.” Executive Excellence. October, 16.
Wimer, S. and Nowack, K. 1998. “Thirteen Common Mistakes Using 360 Degree Feedback.” Training and Development. May, 69 - 80.
Nowack, K. and Wimer, S. 1997 “Coaching for Human Performance.” Training and Development. October, 28 - 32. [reprinted in Vander Linde, K. and Biech, E. (eds.) Building High Performance. Fairfax, VA: PricewaterhouseCoopers Publishing, 1998]
Wimer, S. 1983. “Consultants’ Perspectives on Their Own Interventions.” Consultation, 2 (3), 4 - 9.
Wimer, S. and Derlega, V. 1983. “Attributions in T-Groups: A Test of Kelley’s ANOVA Model.” Small Group Behavior. 14, 1, 50 - 62.
Wimer, S. and Kelley H. 1982. “An Investigation of the Dimensions of Causal Attribution.” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 43, 1142 - 1162.
Wimer, S. and Campbell, C. “Manage Your Career, Your Finances… and Your Life” ATD, Los Angeles, 2016
Wimer, S. “The Coach’s Dilemma” ATD, Los Angeles, 2015
Wimer, S. “Dealing with Difficult Clients” ATD, Los Angeles, 2014
Wimer, S. “Challenges in Executive Coaching” ATD, Los Angeles, 2013
Wimer, S. “Coaching and 360° Feedback” ATD, Los Angeles, 2012
Wimer, S. “The Coaching Clinic: Developing and Improving Your Coaching Skills” ATD, Los Angeles, 2012
Wimer, S. “Dealing with Difficult Clients,” ATD, Los Angeles, 2011
Wimer, S. “Managing Under Pressure: Using Coaching for Competitive Performance,” ATD, Los Angeles, 2010
Wimer, S. and J. Dupre. “Organizational ADD: How to Coach ADD Leaders and Consult to the Frenetic Organization,” ODNetwork, Seattle, 2009
Wimer, S. “Board Development,” The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Los Angeles, 2008
Wimer, S., D. Cirincione, and T. Tapp. “Four Generations at Work: The Role of OD in Navigating Generational Differences,” ODNetwork, San Francisco, 2006
Wimer, S. “Working with Difficult Teams,” ATD, Los Angeles, 2006
Current Professional Leadership and/or Concurrent Work Experience
- Wimer Associates, Organization Development Consultant and Executive Coach, Los Angeles, CA.
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, Organization Development/EAP Consultant, Los Angeles, CA
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, Organization Effectiveness Consultant, Southern California Region
- General Dynamics/Pomona Division, Training and Organization Effectiveness Consultant, California
- Independent Organization Development Consultant, California
- National OD Network
- OD in LA
- Association for Talent Development
- Co-Leader, ATD (formerly American Society for Training and Development), Los Angeles -- OD Special Interest Group
- Presenter at various professional associations, and guest lecturer at various colleges and universities