Suzanne Devlin, PhD
Work Space 218
- Chair, Organizational and Leadership Psychology Department
- Co-Director, Leadership Psychology PsyD Program
- Assistant Professor
- PhD in Industrial / Organizational Psychology from The University of Akron
- MA in Industrial / Organizational Psychology from The University of Akron
- BS in Psychology and Fine Arts from St. Lawrence University
- Organizational Psychology Capstone
- Organizational Psychology Business Strategy and Organizational Life Cycle
- Leadership PsyD Seminar
- Leadership PsyD Practicum
- Leadership PsyD Team and Group Development
- Organization development and change
- International organizational theory
Research and Practice Interests
- Leadership personality
- Leadership in higher education
- Training and development
- Selection testing
- Performance management
- Teams and groups
Publications and Presentations
Lord, R. G., Devlin, S.H., Caldwell, C. O., & Kass, D. (2016). Leadership in the National Football League: Do Leaders Make a Difference? In Claudia Peus, Susanne Braun, Birgit Schyns (Ed.), Leadership Lessons from Compelling Contexts (Vol. 8, pp. 29-66). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
Devlin, Suzanne H. Employee Satisfaction and Emotional Intelligence. Library Worklife, Volume 5, No. 5, May 2008. http://ala-apa.org/newsletter/current.html
Adler, Jessica L. and Devlin, S.H. The HR Perspective on the [Academic] Library Job Hunt. Paper presented at American Libraries Association Annual Conference, New Members Committee. June 2004.
Devlin, Suzanne H. and Fabbi, Jennifer. Recruiting for Diversity. University of Nevada, Las Vegas College of Education Multicultural and Diversity Newsletter. Spring Edition, 2004.
Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) 2003 Recruiting and Educating Librarians for the 21st Century Grant: Mining the 21st Century Librarian: A Collaboration to Recruit and Educate Librarians for Diverse and Underserved Communities in the West. Awarded: $365,000.
Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) 2006 Recruiting and Educating Librarians for the 21st Century Grant: Mining the 21st Century Librarian II: A Collaboration to Recruit and Educate Librarians for Diverse and Underserved Communities in the West. Awarded: $694,000.
Lord, Robert G., Devlin, Suzanne Hendler, Caldwell, Carol Oeth, Kass, Darrin. Leadership in the National Football League: Do Leaders Make a Difference? Paper presented at the American Psychological Association Convention. August 2000.
Hendler, S. and R.G. Lord. Leader Personality and Organizational Functioning in the National Football League: Effects of Extroversion and Conscientiousness. Paper presented at the eleventh annual convention of the American Psychological Society. June 1999.
Bracken, David W. and Hendler, Suzanne. MultiRater Feedback: How Should We Use It? HR Atlanta. December 1997.
Wagner, Jack and Hendler, Suzanne. Self-Directed Work Teams: All for One and One for All. Electronic Buyers' News, Issue 10001. 08 April 1996.
- Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Mentor: The Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology (SIOP) Committee for Ethnic and Minority Affairs and Education & Training