Clinical Doctoral Program Policy
A) Courses for which a student seeks transfer credit must:
- have been taken at a regionally accredited institution
- have been taken at the graduate level
- have been taught by faculty instructors who have obtained Doctoral Degrees
- have been taken within 5 years of the student’s date of matriculation at William James College
- have received a grade of B or better
- not have been taken online or in blended (online + classroom) format
- A maximum of 2 credits will be given for each course accepted for transfer (with the exception of those courses designated as equivalent to William James College 3 credit courses on transcript and syllabus review.)
- Transfer credit is limited to a maximum of 12 credits. This Policy is automatically waived for those students who are admitted to William James College with Advanced Standing, or other special admission status.
- Transfer credit is limited to a combination of elective and required courses.
- The following William James College Clinical Doctoral Program requirements cannot be met via transfer of credit:
- CLI CS700/CLI CS705 - Clinical Seminar II
- CLI CS900/CLI CS905 - Clinical Seminar IV: Theory and Practice of Supervision and Consultation
- CLI PS801 - Ethics, Standards, and Professional Practice
- CLI FP750/CLI FP755, CLI FP830/CLI FP835, CLI FP900/CLI FP905, Field Education
- CLI PR800/CLI PR801/CLI PR901/CLI PR904, Doctoral Project
- CLI RS525/CLI RS535, Research
C) Transfer of Credit Procedure
- Students must submit an original plus two (2) copies (for a total of 3 copies) of a Transfer of Credit Petition (available on MyCampus), course descriptions, and syllabi for each course to be considered for Transfer of Credit.
- An Official Transcript from the institution at which the course was taken will be required if one is not on file in the student’s Academic file.
- Transfer of Credit requests must be submitted to the Registrar by April 30th of the year prior to matriculation. Requests will be evaluated by the Registrar in conjunction with appropriate Administrative and academic consultation.
D) Courses previously taken at William James College
For students who have successfully completed William James College courses on a non-matriculated basis:
- If taken within 5 years of matriculation, these courses will automatically be applied toward the PsyD degree (unless the student requests otherwise).
- A grade of "B" or higher must have been earned in the course.
- Incomplete courses will not be transferred into the Clinical Doctoral Program and will not be considered if course completion occurs after program matriculation.
- William James College courses (at a maximum of 4 courses) taken prior to matriculation are included in and subject to the 12 Credit maximum for transfer of credit.
E) Courses taken elsewhere while the student is enrolled at William James College
- Courses taken at other accredited institutions while a student is enrolled at William James College will be eligible for transfer credit subject to the same rules as courses taken prior to matriculation at William James College.
- Students must obtain prior approval of such courses for transfer of credit from their advisor and from the Registrar in accordance with the procedures outlined in section c) above.
- An official transcript must be submitted after completion of the course.
- Such courses will be included in the 12 credit maximum allowable for Transfer of Credit.