Course SequenceYEAR ONE
Complete a Concentration Declaration Form by October 15 and submit to email@example.com
Enroll in ORG AC600 - Mental Health Disparities: Multicultural & Global Perspectives (credits: 2)
Spring Semester (2 credits)
ORG AC620 - Introduction to African & Caribbean Mental Health (credits: 2)
Summer Session I (1 credit)
One of the following courses:
- ORG CC564 - Haiti Service Learning & Cultural Immersion Experience (credits: 1)
- CC567 – Collective Trauma and Community Healing (Kenya Immersion Course) (credits: 1)
- CC566 – Guyana Service Learning & Cultural Immersion Course (credits: 1)
Haiti, Kenya or Guyana Service Learning/Immersion Program
- Students in the ACMH Concentration will have 5 credits of their field placement work dedicated to the concentration and will graduate with 30 credits.
- Submission of the Concentration Declaration Form means that these courses are now considered to be part of your required coursework, and are eligible for financial aid for those who qualify.
- Students may complete the ACMH Concentration as a Major Area of Study which requires a total of 5 credits. Students must choose a Capstone Project in an area related to the content of the ACMH Concentration. Each Capstone Project topic needs to be approved by the ACMH Concentration Director.
- All ACMH courses will be offered on Wednesday evenings (6:40-8:30 pm).