CAMHI Bachelor's Completion Scholarship
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Initiative (CAMHI) is a scholarship program that provides 50% off of your tuition each semester. The scholarship will allow for a maximum allotment of $15,000 to your tuition for the length of the program. The scholarship will be awarded to students who have been accepted to the Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Human Services.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for the CAMHI Scholarship Program must:
- Be enrolled at one of the designated community colleges (e.g., Bunker Hill Community College, Roxbury Community College); or be an employee of a human services partner agency (e.g., JRI, Eliot, DMH); or have earned 60 credits toward earning an Associate Degree in a related field.
- Be admitted to the Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Human Services program at William James College
- Be a legal resident or a U.S. citizen.
- Be from a historically marginalized or low-income background, be a first-generation college student, or be an underrepresented minority in the behavioral health field.
- Reside in the Greater Boston Metropolitan area. The cities and towns we traditionally include within the definition of Greater Boston are pictured and listed below.*
Applicants for the CAMHI Scholarship must:
- Demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing a career in the behavioral health field, with a particular focus on serving children, adolescents, and families from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Not have earned an undergraduate degree higher than an Associate’s Degree.
- Document current financial aid needs by submitting a FAFSA application form.
- Complete a scholarship application form.
- Submit at 500-word essay illustrating how the applicant has been inspired to pursue a career in the human services or behavioral health field, in particular working with children, adolescents, and families, and the applicant’s career plans following graduation.
If you are interested in being considered for this scholarship, there is a place to indicate your interest on the Bachelor’s application. If you have any questions, please email BHcareers@williamjames.edu.
The William James College Child & Adolescent Mental Health Initiative Scholarship is generously supported by a grant from the Boston Children’s Collaboration for Community Health.
About the Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Human Services Completion Program
The Bachelor of Science (BS) in Psychology and Human Services is a bachelor's completion program offered through a blended model with a combination of online courses and 1-2 Saturdays per month for an on-campus course. The program is 3-years part-time or 2-years full-time. Students are part of a learning group/cohort that accompanies them throughout their time in the program. There is an optional concentration in Substance Use and Addictions.
Students currently working in one of these agencies may qualify for additional funding through their employer.
- Justice Resource Institute (JRI)
- The Home for Little Wanderers
If you have any questions, please email BHcareers@williamjames.edu
(Middlesex County continued)