Workforce Development Forum Bibliography
- American Psychological Association, Center for Workforce Studies. (2018). A summary of psychologist workforce projections: Addressing supply and demand from
2015-2030. Washington, DC: Author. Retrieved from Annapolis Coalition. (2007).
- An action plan for behavioral health workforce development: A framework for discussion.
Cincinnati, OH: Annapolis Coalition. Retrieved from annapoliscoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/action-plan-full-report.pdf
- Beck, A. J., Manderscheid, R. W., and Buerhaus, P. (2018). The future of the behavioral
health workforce: Optimism and opportunity. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 54(6S3), S187–S189. Retrieved on November 30, 2020 from doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2018.03.004
- Boat, T. F., Land, M. L., Leslie, L. K., Hoagwood, K. E., et al. (2016). Workforce
development to enhance the cognitive, affective, and behavioral health of children
and youth: Opportunities and barriers in child health care training. Washington, DC,
National Academy of Medicine. Retrieved on November 30, 2020 from nam.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Workforce-Development-to-Enhance-the-Cognitive-Affective-and-Behavioral-Health-of-Children-and-Youth.pdf.
- Callahan, J. L., Smotherman, J. M., Dziurzynski, K. E., Love, P. K., Kilmer, E. D.,
Niemann, Y. F., and Ruggero, C. J. (2018). Diversity in the professional psychology
training-to-workforce pipeline: Results from doctoral psychology student population
data. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 12(4), 273–285. doi.org/10.1037/tep0000203
- Covino, N. (2019). Developing the behavioral health workforce: Lessons from the states.
Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research. Retrieved from doi.org/10.1007/s10488-019-00963-w
- Health Resources and Services Administration. (2017). Behavioral health workforce projections, 2017-2030. Washington, DC: Author. Retrieved from bhw.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/bhw/nchwa/projections/bh-workforce-projections-fact-sheet.pdf
- Lyon, A. R., Stirman, S. W., Kerns, S. E. U., and Bruns, E. J. (2011). Developing the mental health workforce: Review and application of training approaches
from multiple disciplines. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3093447/
- Smith, S. G., Nsiah-Kumi, P. A., Jones, P. R., and Pamies, R. J. (2009). Pipeline
programs in the health professions, part 1: Preserving diversity and reducing health
disparities. Journal of the National Medical Association, 101(9), 836-851. www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0027968415310300
- Wik, A., Hollen, V., and Beck, A. (2019). Developing a behavioral health workforce equipped to serve individuals with co-occurring
mental health and substance use disorders. Alexandria, VA: National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors.