Helping Children Develop Forum: Resources
- Ressler KJ, Pine DP, Rothbaum BO, eds. Anxiety disorders: translational perspectives on diagnosis and treatment. New York: Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Ferguson, Ronald. Toward Excellence with Equity: An Emerging Vision for Closing the Achievement Gap. Harvard Education Press, 2007.
- Nathanson, L., Rivers, SE, Flynn, LKM, & Brackett, MA (2016). Creating emotionally intelligent schools with RULER. Emotion Review, 8(4), 1-6.
- Sarvet B. Moving From Knowledge to Practice in Addressing Adolescent Depression in the Primary
Care Setting. J Adolesc Health. 2019 Jul; 65(1):7-8. PMID: 31229056.
Cradle: Positive and negative long-term outcomes of early life experiences
- Felitti, J., & Anda, R. F. (2009) The Relationship of Adverse Childhood Experiences
to Adult Medical Disease, Psychiatric Disorders and Sexual Behavior: Implications
for Healthcare. In R. Lanius & E. Vermetten (Eds.) The Hidden Epidemic: The Impact
of Early Life Trauma on Health and Disease. Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge University
- Heckman, J. (2006) Skill formation and the economics of investing in disadvantaged
children. Science, 312, 1900-1902
- Masten, A.S., & Cicchetti, D. (2010). Editorial: Developmental cascades. Development
and Psychopathology, 22, 491-495.
- National Scientific Council on the Developing Child (2005/2014). Excessive Stress
Disrupts the Architecture of the Developing Brain: Working Paper No. 3. Updated Edition.
Retrieved from www.developingchild.harvard.edu.
Cradle to Classroom: Resilience in youth
- Masten, S. (2001). Ordinary magic: Resilience processes in development. American
Psychologist, 56 (3), 227-238.
- National Scientific Council on the Developing Child (2015). Supportive Relationships and Active Skill-Building Strengthen the Foundations of Resilience:
Working Paper No. 13. Retrieved from www.developingchild.harvard.edu.
Classroom: Social-emotional learning
- Silva, A., & Macklem, G. (Eds.). (2019). Lessons from School Psychology: Practical Strategies and Evidence-Based Practice for
Professionals and Parents. Routledge.
- Reilly, N. (2015). Anxiety and depression in the classroom: A teacher's guide to fostering self-regulation
in young students. WW Norton & Company.
- Minahan, J. (2019). Trauma-Informed Teaching Strategies. EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP, 77(2), 30-35.
- Greenberg, M. T., Brown, J. L., & Abenavoli, R. M. (2016). Teacher Stress and Health. The Pennsylvania State University. Retrieved from www.rwjf.org/en/library/research/2016/07/teacher-stress-and-health.html
Clinic: Evidence-based treatment of trauma in youth
- Jensen, T. K., Holt, T., Ormhaug, S. M., Egeland, K., Granly, L., Hoaas, L. C., …
Wentzel-Larsen, T. (2014). A randomized effectiveness study comparing trauma-focused
cognitive behavioral therapy with therapy as usual for youth. Journal of clinical child and adolescent psychology : the official journal for the
Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, American Psychological Association,
Division 53, 43(3), 356–369. doi:10.1080/15374416.2013.822307
- Jensen, T. K., Holt, T., & Ormhaug, S. M. (2017). A follow-up study from a multisite,
randomized controlled trial for traumatized children receiving TF-CBT. Journal of abnormal child psychology, 45(8), 1587-1597.
- Pearl, E., Thieken, L., Olafson, E., Boat, B., Connelly, L., Barnes, J., & Putnam,
F. (2012). Effectiveness of community dissemination of parent–child interaction therapy.
Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 4(2), 204.
- Ritschel, L. A., Lim, N. E., & Stewart, L. M. (2015). Transdiagnostic applications
of DBT for adolescents and adults. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 69(2), 111-128.