Faculty: Geri Fuhrmann, PsyD
Geri Fuhrmann, PsyD
Teaching Faculty, Clinical Psychology Department
Co-Facilitator, Additional Field Placement Experience
|PsyD||University of Denver|
- Introduction to Clinical Practice
- Additional Field Placement Experience (AFPE)
Research and Practice Interests
- High Conflict parental separation and divorce
- Juvenile/Family Court services improvement
- Pediatric psychology
- Child forensic psychology
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- 1986 - National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- 1986 - Health Care Provider, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Board of Registration of Psychologists
- 1985 - Licensed Psychologist, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2012: Outstanding Contributions to Psychology Training Award
- UMass Medical School/UMass Memorial Health Care Psychology Network
- 2011: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Teaching Award University of Massachusetts Medical School
- 2010: Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), Mid-Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar. Accepted to attend and sponsored by Dept. of Psychiatry, Scottsdale, AZ
- 2001: Manual Carballo Governor’s Award for Excellence in Public Service Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2001: Outstanding Community Service Award
- Women’s Faculty Committee, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- 2001: Commonwealth Citation for Outstanding Performance
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- 2001: Official Citation: State Senate, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2000: Invited participant to international think tank on high conflict divorce, Wingspread Conference, Johnson Foundation
Publications and Presentations
- Zibbell, RA and Fuhrmann,G. (2016). Child Custody Evaluations. In Jackson, R. and Roesch, R. (Eds.), Learning Forensic Assessment: Research and Practice (2nd ed). Routledge Press.
- Fuhrmann, G. and Zibbell, R., (2012). Evaluations for Child Custody: Best Practices in Forensic Mental Health Assessment. Oxford University Press. Translated into Japanese (2014).
- Fuhrmann, G. and Zibbell, R. (2012). Evaluations for Child Custody. In Roesch, R. and Zapf, P. (Eds.), Forensic Assessments in Criminal and Civil Law: A Handbook for Lawyers. Oxford University Press. (Recipient of the Psychology and the Law Society (APA Div. 41) Book Award, 2016).
- Zelechoski, A. D., Fuhrmann, G. S. W., Zibbell, R. A., & Cavallero, L. M. (2012). Evaluation for child custody: Using best practices in a worst-case scenario. Journal of Forensic Psychology
- Fuhrmann, G. and McGill, J., Parents Apart, a handbook for divorcing parents, Copyright 1995, revised and reprinted semi-annually, last reprint, 2010.
- Fuhrmann, G, McGill and O’Connell, “Parent Education’s Second Generation: Integrating Violence Sensitivity,” Family and Conciliation Court Review, Vol. 37, 1, pp. 24-35, Jan., 1999
- Strunk, R., Mrazek, D., Fuhrmann, G., Labreque, J., (1985). Physiologic and Psychological Characteristics Associated with Deaths Due to Asthma in Childhood: A case controlled study. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), 254 (9), 1193-1198 Reprinted in JAMA in Japanese, 1986, p. 82-89. Abstracted in JAMA in German, January 1986, p. 52
- Strunk, R., *Wolfson, G., Labreque, J., Mrazek, D.A., (1984). Predictors of a Fatal Outcome in Childhood Asthma. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 73(1) Part 2.
- Supervised Visitation: Court Practices, Orders and Other Documentation (1999). Task Force for the Trial Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- McBride, D., Fuhrmann, G., Miller, B., (1995). Dyscoordinate Breathing Presenting as Asthma: Differentiation from True Bronchospasm. Annals of Allergy, 54(4).
- Azar, S., Benjet, C., Fuhrmann, G. and Cavallero, L., (1995). Child Maltreatment and Termination of Parental Rights: Can Behavioral Research Help Solomon J. of Behavior Therapy.
- National Trainer, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Pediatric Psychologist, Pediatric Consultation/Liaison Psychiatry, University of MA Memorial Health Care
- Manager, Juvenile Forensic Services
- Department of Mental Health, Executive Office of Health and Human Services Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Psychologist, Pediatric Kidney Transplant team; Cystic Fibrosis team
- University of Massachusetts Memorial Health Care, Worcester, MA
- Director, Child and Family Forensic Center
- UMass Medical School/UMass Memorial Health Care, Worcester, MA
- American Psychological Association, lifetine member
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics