Orientation and Checklists
Welcome to William James College! We are excited for you to join our community. The information below includes orientation dates and checklists by program. If you have any questions, please email your Admissions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2023 Orientation Dates
Attendance is required.
More specific details will come from your department.
BS in Psychology and Human Services
MA in Applied Behavior Analysis
- The ABA online orientation will be available on Monday, August 21. The required online synchronous component will be held on Thursday, August 24 from 6:00-8:00 PM.
- The ABA on-campus orientation will be on Thursday, August 24 from 9:00-3:00 PM.
MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The mandatory Fall 2023 orientation will take place from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM ET. You will meet your Academic Advisor during Orientation.
On-Campus Program Students:
Wednesday, August 23 and Thursday, August 24, 2023 from 9:00 AM–4:00 PM. The orientation session will be held in person at WJC and you are required to attend both days.
Online Program Students:
Monday, August 21 and Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 9:00 AM–4:00 PM ET. This orientation will be conducted in person and via Zoom and you are required to attend both days. You are encouraged to come to campus, especially if you live within driving distance. Otherwise you may attend via Zoom.
MA in Organizational Psychology
- Thursday, January 5 and Friday, January 6, 2023 from 9:00-4:00 PM. Students enrolled in the blended program are required to be on campus. Online only students are invited to be on campus, but only required to be virtual.
MA in Psychology
- The online orientation will be Monday, August 21 from 9:00 AM- 12:00 PM on Zoom.
MA/CAGS in School Psychology
- Wednesday, August 23 and Thursday, August 24
- On-Campus Orientation from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
PsyD in Clinical Psychology
PsyD in Leadership Psychology
For All Students
Our Student Services Office, comprised of Financial Aid, Billing and the Registrar’s Office, has a number of forms for you to complete before you enroll and begin classes.
- If you plan on applying for financial aid, please file your FAFSA application on www.studentloans.gov. For private loans, be sure to apply through www.elmselect.com. If you already filed your FAFSA and you haven’t received an award letter yet, please be sure to contact the Financial Aid Office (FinancialAid@williamjames.edu).
- Return your award letter with your loan request, and complete the two steps on page two of your award letter.
- Please refer to the Tuition and Fees Section of the website for information on tuition payment due dates, payment plans, refunds, and policies. All billing and refund questions can be directed to Bursar@williamjames.edu.
- Please complete the Financial Responsibility Agreement by logging into the CNS Student Portal and visiting the Document Center. Please view our intro video to learn more about the Document Center.
- If not done yet, you must request an official transcript to be sent from your institution showing degree conferred.
Please complete the following required forms and return to the Registrar’s Office before the start of classes:
- FERPA Initial Consent Form (Required)
- ADA Accommodation Request Form (Optional)
- Incoming Student Information Form (Required)
- Authentication Form (Required)
- HIPAA Form (Required)
- Immunization and Vaccination Exemption Form (Optional)
- Religious Immunization Exemption Form (Optional)
- Immunization Form (Required)
- SEVIS Form (Required by Non-US Citizens)
- If you wish to transfer credits, you must submit a completed Petition for Transfer of Credit (see above listed forms) to the Registrar’s Office as early as possible upon acceptance.
- More information regarding the Registrar’s Office can be found HERE
If you are a Yellow Ribbon recipient, please fill out the Yellow Ribbon application which you can download by click HERE. If you would like more information, please contact Ms. Debra Boyce, email@example.com
Student health insurance is required in the state of Massachusetts. The plan year runs from August – August. You have the option to choose the school’s offered insurance plan or provide waiver information to the school. Please look for upcoming information from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding this year’s plan.
Please use the links below for your specific academic program checklist:
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology
- PsyD in Leadership Psychology
- MA in Applied Behavior Analysis
- MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- MA in Organizational Psychology
- MA in Psychology
- MA/CAGS in School Psychology
- BS in Psychology and Human Services
- Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching
- Graduate Certificate in School Leadership