Faculty: Marie Forgeard, PhD
Marie Forgeard, PhD
Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychology Department
Work Space 328G
|PhD||University of Pennsylvania||2015|
|MA||University of Pennsylvania||2009|
|Combined Undergraduate/Master's Degree||Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris||2005|
- RS-526 Statistics
- BX-500 Learning Theory
- PS-603 Social Bases of Behavior
Research and Practice Interests
- Personality, character strengths, and mental health
- Growth following adversity
- Treatment outcomes in naturalistic settings
- Use of technology in research
- Applications of these topics across cultural contexts
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- MA Licensed Psychologist and Certified Health Service Provider
Publications and Presentations
(See Google Scholar Profile for Dr. Forgeard for more information)
- Forgeard, M., Herzhoff, K., Jayawickreme, E., Tsukayama, E., Beard, C., and Björgvinsson, T. (in press). Changes in daily manifestations of openness to experience during intensive cognitive‐behavioral treatment. Journal of Personality.
- Winer, J. P., Wadsworth, L. P., Forgeard, M., Pinder-Amaker, S., Björgvinsson, T., and Beard, C. (2018). Development and implementation of a single-session diversity and multicultural psychology group intervention within an academic psychiatric hospital. The Behavior Therapist, 41, 327-334.
- Forgeard, M., Beard, C., Kirakosian, N., and Björgvinsson, T. (2018). Research in partial hospital settings. In R. T. Codd (Ed.), Practice-based research: A guide for clinicians (Chapter 12). New York: Routledge.
- Roepke, A. M., Tsukayama, E., Forgeard, M., Blackie, L., and Jayawickreme, E. (2018). Randomized controlled trial of SecondStory, an intervention targeting posttraumatic growth, with bereaved adults. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 86, 518-532.
- Forgeard, M. J. C., Pearl, R., Cheung, J., Rifkin, L., Beard, C., and Björgvinsson, T. (2016). Positive beliefs about mental illness: Associations with sex, age, diagnosis, and treatment outcomes. Journal of Affective Disorders, 204, 197-204.
- Forgeard, M. J. C., and Kaufman, J. C. (2016). Who cares about imagination, creativity, and innovation, and why? A review. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, 10, 250-269.
- Forgeard, M. J. C. (2013). Perceiving benefits after adversity: The relationship between self-reported posttraumatic growth and creativity. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, 7, 245-264.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School (2015-2017)
- Predoctoral Intern, McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School (2014-2015)