Faculty: Suzanne Devlin, PhD
Suzanne Devlin, PhD
Chair, Organizational and Leadership Psychology Department
Co-Director, PsyD in Leadership Psychology PsyD
Work Space 218
|PhD||Industrial / Organizational Psychology||University of Akron|
|MA||Industrial / Organizational Psychology||University of Akron|
|BS||Psychology and Fine Arts||St. Lawrence University|
- Organizational Psychology Capstone
- Organizational Psychology Business Strategy and Organizational Life Cycle
- Leadership PsyD Seminar
- Leadership PsyD Practicum
- Leadership PsyD Team and Group Development
- Organization development and change
- International organizational theory
Research and Practice Interests
- Leadership personality
- Leadership in higher education
- Training and development
- Selection testing
- Performance management
- Teams and groups
Publications and Presentations
- Lord, R. G., Devlin, S.H., Caldwell, C. O., & Kass, D. (2016). Leadership in the National Football League: Do Leaders Make a Difference? In Claudia Peus, Susanne Braun, Birgit Schyns (Ed.), Leadership Lessons from Compelling Contexts (Vol. 8, pp. 29-66). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Devlin, Suzanne H. Employee Satisfaction and Emotional Intelligence. Library Worklife, Volume 5, No. 5, May 2008. http://ala-apa.org/newsletter/current.html
- Adler, Jessica L. and Devlin, S.H. The HR Perspective on the [Academic] Library Job Hunt. Paper presented at American Libraries Association Annual Conference, New Members Committee. June 2004.
- Devlin, Suzanne H. and Fabbi, Jennifer. Recruiting for Diversity. University of Nevada, Las Vegas College of Education Multicultural and Diversity Newsletter. Spring Edition, 2004.
- Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) 2003 Recruiting and Educating Librarians for the 21st Century Grant: Mining the 21st Century Librarian: A Collaboration to Recruit and Educate Librarians for Diverse and Underserved Communities in the West. Awarded: $365,000.
- Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) 2006 Recruiting and Educating Librarians for the 21st Century Grant: Mining the 21st Century Librarian II: A Collaboration to Recruit and Educate Librarians for Diverse and Underserved Communities in the West. Awarded: $694,000.
- Lord, Robert G., Devlin, Suzanne Hendler, Caldwell, Carol Oeth, Kass, Darrin. Leadership in the National Football League: Do Leaders Make a Difference? Paper presented at the American Psychological Association Convention. August 2000.
- Hendler, S. and R.G. Lord. Leader Personality and Organizational Functioning in the National Football League: Effects of Extroversion and Conscientiousness. Paper presented at the eleventh annual convention of the American Psychological Society. June 1999.
- Bracken, David W. and Hendler, Suzanne. MultiRater Feedback: How Should We Use It? HR Atlanta. December 1997.
- Wagner, Jack and Hendler, Suzanne. Self-Directed Work Teams: All for One and One for All. Electronic Buyers' News, Issue 10001. 08 April 1996.
- Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Mentor: The Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology (SIOP) Committee for Ethnic and Minority Affairs and Education & Training