Ziyi Xiu, MEd, MA, PsyD
Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychology Department
||William James College
||Prevention Science and Practice
||University of Wisconsin-Madison
- PA601 Cognitive Assessment
- PA801 Advanced Integrated Assessment Adult
- CC522 Diversity and Cross Cultural Psychology
Research and Practice Interests
- Neurodevelopmental disorders
- Cross-cultural research
- Asian mental health
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist and Certified Health Services Provider (Massachusetts)
Publications and Presentations
- Cort, N and Xiu, Z. (2023, March). Vicarious Trauma: Surviving Anti-Asian Hate. Invited
for a presentation at South Cove Community Health Center, Boston, MA.
Xiu, Z. and Tian, P. (2023, March). Understanding and Overcoming Dyslexia. Invited
for a presentation at the virtual FCSN 2023 Visions of Community Conference, Boston,
Xiu, Z. and Tian, P. (2022, March). Understanding and Supporting your Child with Autism
Spectrum Disorder. Invited for a presentation at the virtual FCSN 2022 Visions of
Community Conference, Boston, MA.
- Tummala-Narra, P., Li, Z., Yang, E.J., Xiu, Z., Cui, E., & Song, Y. (2021). Family
conflict and ethnic identity among Chinese American college students. American Journal
of Orthopsychiatry, 91(1), 36-49.
- Webb, J. (2021). Empty No More: Transform Your Relationships with Your Partner, Your
Parents & Your Children (Z. Xiu & Y. Tian Trans). China Machine Press. (Original work
- Xiu, Z. (2021, August). Acculturation, Personality, and Depression among Chinese and
Chinese American Young Adults. Poster session presented at the APA 2021 Virtual Annual
- Xiu, Z. (2021, July). Harmony: A Culture-Related Protective Factor against Depression.
Paper Session presented at the 6th Biennial Virtual APA Division 45 Research Conference.
- Xiu, Z. and Wang, T. (2021, March). Strengthening Cultural Identity and Combating
Racism. Presentation conducted at the virtual 2021 Parent 2 Parent Conference, Boston
- Xiu, Z. and Tian, P. (2021, March). Building Self-Care and Resilience during the Pandemic.
Presentation conducted at the virtual FCSN 2021 Visions of Community Conference, Boston,
- Xiu, Z. and Tian, P. (2020, February). Building Emotional Connection in Your Family
Relationships. Presentation conducted at the FCSN 2020 Visions of Community Conference,
- Lem, H. M., Xiu, Z., Ho, A. D., Furxhi, E. (2019, October). Considering a Doctorate
Panel. Presentation conducted at Harvard University, Cambridge.
- Vuky, C. & Xiu, Z. (2019, April). Social-Emotional Learning and Resilience. Presentation
conducted at the 2019 China Education Symposium of the Harvard University, Cambridge.
- Xiu, Z. and Tian, P. (2019, March). Talk to Your Child about Healthy Intimate Relationships.
Presentation conducted at the FCSN 2019 Visions of Community Conference, Boston.
- Xiu, Z., Godon-Decoteau, D., Kaitz, J., Ramanayake, N., Steinhilber, K. and Phan,
T (2018, September). Reflections on Clinical Training, Supervision and Mentorship.
Presentation conducted at the Integrative and Holistic Approaches to Mental Health
Care for Asians of the William James College, Newton.
- Lecturer, Boston University
- In-home therapy worker, North Suffolk Mental Health Association
- American Psychological Association
- Massachusetts Psychological Association
- Massachusetts Neuropsychological Society