Faculty: Catherine Dubois, PsyD
Catherine Dubois, PsyD
Teaching Faculty, Clinical Psychology Department
Co-Facilitator, Additional Field Placement Experience (AFPE)
Adjunct Faculty, Counseling and Behavioral Health Department
|PsyD||Clinical Psychology||William James College||1996|
|BA||Occupational Therapy||University of New Hampshire||1986|
- Theory of Group Dynamics
- Clinical Practice of Group Psychotherapy
- Introduction to Clinical Practice I
- Additional Field Placement Experience (AFPE)
Research and Practice Interests
- Group theory and group psychotherapy
- College mental health
- Adolescent development
- Integrated psychotherapy across the lifespan
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy with adults
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Women’s reproductive health and motherhood
- Trauma and resilience
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist in MA (PsyD)
- Health Services Provider (MA)
- EMDR Level 1 Certification
Publications and Presentations
- Dubois, C. (March 2020). Screenagers Next Chapter: Post-screening discussion and lecture to parents, faculty and staff on the value of mindfulness for adolescent’s well-being in the digital age. Dexter-Southfield School, Brookline, MA.
- Dubois, C. and McSweeney, S. (March 2016). Mindful Parenting: Responding to the Needs of Our Teens. Presented a series of Mindful Parenting Workshops for the Lexington Parent Academy 2.0.
- Dubois, C. and McSweeney, S. (June 2014). Mindful Awareness Groups with Middle School Students. Presented a Faculty Workshop for Teachers/Faculty at Monsignor Haddad Middle School, Needham, MA.
- Dubois, C. and McSweeney, S. (September 2014). A Mindful Awareness Group Program. Presented a Workshop for Parents of Middle School Students at Monsignor Haddad Middle School, Needham, MA.
- Dubois, C. (March 2014). The What, Whys and How’s of Executive Functioning: How to Identify and Help Students with Executive Functioning Challenges. Presented a Faculty Workshop for Teachers/Faculty at Mount Alvernia Academy, Chestnut Hill, MA.
- Lehman, C., Bufka, L., Spiegel, D., Barlow, D., Dubois, C., Edbril, S., Golding, E., Kessel, B., and Bookman, L. (1998) Relationships between Perimenopausal Symptoms, Psychological Distress, Age, and Hormone Use. Poster session presented at the Anxiety Disorders Association of America Conference, Boston, MA.
- Dubois, C. (January 1998). Alternative Careers Presentation entitled Clinical Psychology as a Career Choice. Presentation at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology IAP Program, sponsored by the Health Education Department, Cambridge, MA.
- Dubois, C. and Ross, M. (January 1997). A Four-Week Workshop entitled, “I’m So Fat—A Guide to Feeling Better About Your Body, “ Presentation at Massachusetts Institute of Technology IAP Program, sponsored by The Health Education Department, Cambridge, MA.
- Dubois, C. (June 1997). “Challenges to a Women’s Sense of Control in the Perimenopausal Transition,” presented at the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Mental Health Fellowship Training Seminar.
- Dubois, C., Edbril, S. and Hilsinger, E., (May 1997). “Psychology and Women’s Health: The Meaning of Personal Control over the Course of the Female Reproductive Life Cycle.” Invited guest lecturer at Harvard Medical School’s Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Advanced Obstetrics and Gynecology Practice Annual Conference, Boston, MA.
- Dubois, C. and Edbril, S. (December 1996). “The Psychology of the Perimenopausal Transition,” Harvard Medical School Lecture at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Medical Psychology Seminar.
- Dubois, C., Bookman, L., Kessel, B., and Edbril, S. (September 1996). The Department of Psychiatry and Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. “The Unpredictability of the Perimenopausal Transition: Implications for Clinical Practice. Poster session presented at the Seventh Annual North American Menopause Society International Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Dubois, C. (March 1996). “Towards an Understanding of Women’s Experience in the Perimenopausal Transition.” Colloquium presentation at the Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA. Discussant: Judith V. Jordan, Ph.D.
- Dubois, C. and McSweeney, S. (June/July 2016). “Mindful Parenting: Yes, that eye roll from your teen is actually a “Thank You”! Mindful Parenting article in Parenting Matters, Colonial Times Magazine, Lexington, MA, p 34.
- Dubois, C. and McSweeney, S. (November/December 2013). “Shifting Our Focus This Holiday Season” Mindful Parenting article in Parenting Matters, Colonial Times Magazine, Lexington, MA p. 33-35.
- Dubois, C., Edbril, S. and Golding, E. (1998). Towards a New Model of Control for Women: Implications for Psychotherapeutic Interventions during Reproductive Life Cycle Events. A journal article presented for publication to the journal Psychotherapy.
- Dubois, C. I. (March 1996). Towards An Understanding of Women’s Experience in the Perimenopausal Transition. Doctoral Dissertation, Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology, Boston, MA.
- Dubois, C. I. (June 1987). Proposed Legislation may affect children with handicaps. Occupational Therapy News. Vol. 41, No. 6, p. 4.
- Dubois, C. I. (April 1987). Catastrophic Health Care Insurance: Implications for Occupational Therapy. Occupational Therapy News. Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 13-15.
Concurrent Leadership, Service and Professional Activities
- Founder and Co-Director, The Believe Project, LLC
- Private Practice, Waban, MA
- Northeastern Society for Group Psychotherapy, Training Committee
- Adjunct Faculty, William James College
- Consultant, Local 718 Employee Assistant Program, Boston Metro Fire Department
- Staff Psychologist, MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) University Health Service
- Group Consultant, Rape Crisis Intervention Program, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Staff, Massachusetts Mental Health Center
- Instructor in Psychology, Harvard Medical School
- Lecturer, MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Research Fellow in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- Post Doctoral Fellow in Clinical Psychology, MIT University Health Service
- Post Doctoral Fellow in Clinical Psychology, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Clinical Fellow in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- Member and Training Committee, Northeastern Society for Group Psychotherapy
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, The Massachusetts Association for Psychoanalytic Psychology
- Northeastern Society Group Psychotherapy, Certificate in Principles of Group Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness Training with Dan Siegel, Mindsight Institute, UCLA School of Medicine
- MIP (Massachusetts Institute for Psychoanalysis) Certificate in Post-Graduate Fellowship Program in Psychoanalytic Studies
- HIV Pre and Post-Test Counseling Certificate, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control