Faculty: Catherine Vuky, PhD
Catherine Vuky, PhD
Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychology Department
Director, Asian Mental Health Concentration
|POSTDOC||training at the Center for Multicultural Training in Psychology||Boston University Medical School|
|PhD||California School of Professional Psychology||California School of Professional Psychology|
- Clinical Practice of Family and Systems Therapy (FX615)
- Clinical Seminar II (CS700 and CS705)
Research and Practice Interests
- Families and Children
- Immigration and Refugees
- Asian Mental Health
- Mental Health Disparities in marginalized communities
- Culturally Responsive Care
Professional Licenses and Certifications
Licensed Psychologist and Certified Health Services Provider (Massachusetts)
- Massachusetts Psychological Association Teacher of the Year
- Asian Women for Health Provider Award
- Mental Health Fellow, Okura Mental Health Leadership Foundation
- Philips Brooks House Association Community Builder Award
Publications and Presentations
- Anti-Asian Racism and Racial Trauma: Understanding History, Building Collective Resilience-The annual Let’s Talk! Professionals Conference is co-organized by the MGH Center for Cross-Cultural Student Emotional Wellness and the Harvard Graduate School of Education, and this year newly joined by the William James College Center for Multicultural and Global Mental Health’s Asian Mental Health Program.
- Yeung, A., Norton, R., Dean, T., Nagaswami, M., Yeung, A., Vuky, C., Mischoulon, D., and Borba, C. (2021). Depressed Chinese Americans present predominantly psychological symptoms: A new trend or different outcomes due to methodological differences? Asian journal of psychiatry, 61, 102684. 10.1016/j.ajp.2021.102684
- Vuky, C. and Xiu, Z.Y. (April 2019). Social Emotional Learning and Resilience. China Education Symposium. Lecture conducted from Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, MA.
- Vuky, C., Nguyen, T., and Phan, T. (March, 2018). The Importance of Mental Health and Preventative Care. Visions of Community 2018: A Conference for Families of Children with Special Needs and the Professionals Who Serve Them. Lecture conducted from Federation for Children with Special Needs, Boston, MA.
- Vuky, C., and Phan, T. (November, 2017). Cultural Considerations Counseling Asian Americans. Training provided to Berklee College of Music staff. Boston, MA.
- Chandra, R., Park, Jong K., Tang, C, Vuky, C., and Yasumura, N. (May 2016). “Let’s Talk! Promoting the success and well-being of Asian and Asian-American students”. Harvard Graduate School of Education, Mental Health and Student Affairs Professionals Panel Mental Health Professionals’ Panel: “Let’s Talk! Promoting Success AND Well-being at the Same Time”. Cambridge, MA.
- Hi LChen, J., Chen, J. H., Kim, J., Park, P., Suyemoto, P., Trinh, N.H., Truong, C. and Vuky, C. (April, 2016). Spring Speaker Series, the MGH Department of Psychiatry Center for Diversity hosted a screening of the award-winning documentary film “Can.” Boston, MA.
Concurrent Leadership, Service and Professional Activities
Staff Psychologist and Clinical Supervisor, South Cove Community Health Center
- American Psychological Association
- Mentor- Mentorship program for Asian American women in mental health professions
- Community Advisory Board Member - Boston Children’s Hospital
- Community Advisory Board Member, Boston University School of Social Work ,Women’s Action for Resilience and Empowerment (AWARE),
- Community Advisory Board Member, Boston Refugee Youth Enrichment (BRYE) Summer Program through Harvard University Philips Brooks House Association