Faculty: Dessalines (Des) Floyd, EdLD
Dessalines (Des) Floyd, EdLD
Adjunct Faculty, Graduate Certificate in School Leadership
||Curriculum and Practice
||University of Florida, Teacher Leadership for School Improvement (TLSI) Office
||English, with a concentration in Sociology of Education
||Florida State University
- LP786 - The Psychology of Racism and Discrimination
Research and Practice Interests
- Education Equity
- System-Level Improvement
- Higher Education
- State Education/Local Education Agencies
- Developing School and District Leaders
- The Science of Learning and Development
- Innovations in Program and Curriculum Design
- Virtual Teaching and Leading
- Competency-Based Education/Leadership
- Teacher Preparation
Publications and Presentations
- Write the Vision and Make It Plain: The Case for an Explicit Focus on Equity and Racial
Equity to Accelerate Outcomes in Schools (Floyd, 2019)
- Contributions made to Integrating the Science of Learning and Development into Teacher Education (Moore et al., 2020)
Concurrent Leadership, Service and Professional Activities
- Supports strategic alignment, training, and WJC/T21 DEI programming. Collaborations
most often live at the intersection of leadership, equity, and designing systems for
accelerated performance and improvement.
- Special Assistant to the Commissioner on Equity with the Center for Instructional
Support at the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE).
- Director of Clinical Learning and Educator Development at a competency-based graduate
school in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Works with superintendents and principals in school districts across the State of
MA to design and implement equity leadership practices that lead to higher outcomes
and opportunities for students.
- Chair of the Academic Excellence Committee at the Helen Y. Davis Leadership Academy,
voted #1 middle school in Boston for culturally-based education.
- Member of the Boston (MA) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated.