Faculty: Jason P. Kaplan, PhD, LEP, NCSP
Jason P. Kaplan, PhD, LEP, NCSP
Director, PsyD in School Psychology
Associate Professor, School Psychology Department
Work Space 208A
|PhD||Counseling Psychology||Northeastern University|
|MEd||School Psychology||University of Massachusetts|
|CAGS||School Psychology||University of Massachusetts|
|BA||Psychology||University of Massachusetts|
- Group Process and Practice (GR611)
- Learning Disabilities: Research to Practice (IA772)
- Internship Seminar (CS801-804)
- Advanced Psychoeducational Assessment (PA700)
- Practicum in Advanced Assessment (FP721)
- PsyD level Directed Studies in Adult Life Span Development (as needed)
- Supervision and Administration of School Psychological Services (SU 820)
Research and Practice Interests
- Assessment and treatment of children with learning and emotional disabilities
- Supervision and administration of school psychological services
- Legal, ethical, and professional issues in school psychology
- Systems interventions and strategies for change
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Educational Psychologist (Massachusetts Board of Allied Mental Health)
- Licensed School Psychologist (Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education)
- Massachusetts Licensed Psychologist, Health Service Provider (HSP)
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist (National Association of School Psychologists)
Publications and Presentations
- Kaplan, J. (2018, Spring). Strategies and interventions for making change happen in your school. Massachusetts School Psychologist Association Newsletter, 36, 6-8.
- Vazquez-Nuttall, E., Li, C., and Kaplan, J. (2006). Home-school partnerships with culturally diverse families: Challenges and solutions for school personnel. Journal of Applied School Psychology, 22, 81-102.
- Kaplan, J., and Hannah, M. (2019, February). Keep calm and group on: Evidence-based practice Mini-skills presentation at the Annual Convention of the National Association of School Psychologist, Atlanta, GA.
- Kaplan, J. and Struzziero, J. (2018, June). Ethical guidelines for optimal supervision practice. Presented at the Massachusetts Trainers of School Psychology Supervision Institute, William James College, Newton, MA.
- Jacobs, D., Kaplan, J., Silva, A., and Murphy, C. (2018, February). Be good to yourself: Fostering self-care and psychological hardiness. Mini-skills presentation at the Annual Convention of the National Association of School Psychologist, Chicago, IL.
- Jacobs, D. and Kaplan, J. (2017, February). Creativity in the face of anger: Violence prevention in schools. Mini-skills presentation at the Annual Convention of the National Association of School Psychologist, San Antonio, TX.
- Kaplan, J. (2017, February). Strategies and interventions for making change happen in your school. Practitioner conversation the Annual Convention of the National Association of School Psychologist, San Antonio, TX.
- Kaplan, J. (2016, February). Six practical interventions for making change happen in your school. Workshop presented at the Annual Convention of the National Association of School Psychologists, New Orleans, LA.
- Kaplan, J. (2015, March). Making change happen: Challenges and interventions for systems change in schools. Workshop presented at the MSPP School Psychology Department’s Community Forum, Newton, MA.
- Kaplan, J. and Struzziero, J. (2013, October). Ethics: Challenges and opportunities. Workshop presented at the Annual Fall Conference of the Massachusetts School Psychologists Association, Norwood, MA.
Concurrent Leadership, Service and Professional Activities
- Co-Chair: Ethics, Professional Standards and Credentialing Committee, Massachusetts School Psychologist Association
- Private Practice
- School Psychologist, Newton Public Schools
- Adjunct Faculty Member, William James College (formerly MSPP)
- Clinician, Community Services Institute, Boston, MA (Internship)
- McLean Hospital Learning Evaluation and Child Outpatient Clinic (Advanced Practicum)
- Learning Specialist, Forman School, Litchfield, CT
- Chair, Employment Committee Massachusetts School Psychologist Association
- American Psychological Association
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Massachusetts School Psychologists Association
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Affiliated Pediatrics Practice-Parent Advisory Counsel
- Youth Soccer and Baseball Coach