Faculty: Kerri Augusto, PhD
Kerri Augusto, PhD
Associate Professor, BS in Psychology and Human Services
Director, Undergraduate Studies
|PhD||Adult Clinical Concentration||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University||1995|
|MS||Child Clinical Concentration||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University||1992|
I am especially interested in learning more about creative pedagogy for live, online, and hybrid teaching. In the past, I have researched, published and presented on the use of interdisciplinary case study teaching in Psychology. I maintain a strong interest in the process of gamifying online course experiences, and have a passion for well-designed curricula.
As a clinician, my interests are in the treatment of adolescents and adults diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and trauma-related disorders. Most recently, I have begun working with individuals whose mental health is significantly impacted by experiences of chronic pain. Though my initial training was largely in CBT, I have expanded my practice to include the integration of clinical hypnosis and EMDR, and have a healthy appreciation for the contributions of ACT to clinical practice.
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, MA
- Health Service Provider in Psychology, MA
- Trained in EMDR
- Certified in Clinical Hypnosis
- Academic Coaching Trainer (National Tutoring Association)
- COGMED Coach
- Trustee's Award for creating the first Master’s degree program at Becker College (2015)
- President's Award for Excellence in Teaching (2011)
Publications and Presentations
- Nava-Whitehead, S., Augusto,K.W., Finkelstein, K., Cruz, S., Clark, J. “Modern Frankenstein?” National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science, 5 Mar. 2018, www.nsta.org/case-studies.
- Augusto, K.W. (ed.). “The Thinking Parent”. Bay State Parent Magazine. (monthly column)
- Nava-Whitehead, S., Augusto, K.W., Gow, J.B. (2011). Bewitching ideas influence learning: An evaluation of an interdisciplinary teaching experience. Journal of College Science Teaching, 40, 70-74.
- Gow, J, Nava-Whithead, S., Augusto, K.W. “Josie.” National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science, 30 June 2011, www.nsta.org/case-studies.
- Augusto, K. (2008). Strawberries in Winter. Samhain Publishing.
- Augusto, K. (2008, September 2). The (Play) Dating Game. Newsweek.
- Augusto, K. (2006-2008). “Pondering Parenting…”. Bay State Parent Magazine. (monthly column)
- Augusto, K. (2001, March). “Why Cambodia?” Adoption Today.
Concurrent Leadership, Service and Professional Activities
- Clinical Psychologist, Private Practice
- Coordinator of Psychology, Becker College
- Psychologist, Becker College Counseling Center
- Division Director for Humanities and Social Sciences, Becker College
- Department Chair, Psychology and Mental Health Counseling, Becker College
- Professor of Psychology and Mental Health Counseling, Becker College
- Master's Level Clinical Supervisor, Community Counseling Clinic at Becker College
- Academic Coaching (COGMED)
- American Psychological Association
- Division 2 - Society for the Teaching of Psychology
- Division 12 - Society of Clinical Psychology
- Division 17 - Society of Counseling Psychology
- Division 30 - Society of Psychological Hypnosis
- American Counseling Association
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- New England Society of Clinical Hypnosis (NESCH)
- American Society for Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- Clinical Psychologist, Community Counseling Clinic at Becker College
- Mental Health First Aid Instructor (Adult/Youth/Higher Education)
- Director, BC5 Cheerleading Camp
I have a passion for all issues related to growing a family through adoption, to the impacts of premature sport specialization and coaching styles on the mental health of youth, and dogs—particularly french bulldogs.