Faculty: Shyamala Venkataraman, PhD
Shyamala Venkataraman, PhD
Associate Professor, Clinical Psychology Department
Faculty, Asian Mental Health Concentration
Faculty Consultant to Registrar
Member, Curriculum Committee
Work Space 208R
|MA||Mount Holyoke College|
|MA BSc, SRC College||Tiruchirappalli|
- Lifespan Development (LS659)
- Clinical Practice of Family and Systems Therapy (FX615)
Research and Practice Interests
- Child and Family Development
- Language Development
- Transition to Parenting
- Migration and Identity
- Culture, Attachment and Resilience
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist, Massachusetts
- Licensed Psychologist, New York
- Faculty of the Year Award, WJC (2009)
- Mintz Chair Award (2012)
Publications and Presentations
- Moderator, Psychology of Human Nature in Cinema: Family Dynamics (for the film “Meet the Patels,” 2016, April). Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- Invited Lecture (2010, January). Attachment theory and couples therapy. Presentation at Roger Williams University Counseling Center, RI.
- Invited Lecturer, Theories of Psychological Development, TUFTS School of Medicine, Boston, MA (2009, January).
Concurrent Leadership, Service and Professional Activities
- Clinical Instructor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School.
- Consultant, Couples and Family Program, Cambridge Health Alliance (HMS Teaching Affiliate).
- Private practice, Newton, MA.
- Consulting Psychologist, NorthEast Parent and Child Society, Schenectady, NY
- Staff Psychologist, Adult and Child Treatment Programs, Albany County Mental Health Center.
- Director of Quality Assurance, Albany County Mental Health Center.
- Private Practice, Behavioral Health Specialists, Albany, NY.
- Assistant Professor, SUNY, College in Oneonta.
- American Psychological Association