In keeping with our commitment to academic excellence, community needs and our diverse student population, we now offer several distance learning degree programs. Our distance learning programs meet the same high academic standards as our traditional graduate programs, but provide greater flexibility for students who are unable to come to our Newton, MA campus.
The course content of a fully online program is delivered remotely and there are no face-to-face meetings. William James College offers both online degree and certificate programs as well as standalone courses. All of the course materials and activities are found on the course webpage, which is housed in our Course Management System, Canvas.
Similar to blended courses, an online course serves the needs of today's graduate student. Because the entire course takes place in the online learning environment, students have a great deal of flexibility around where and when they devote time to their coursework. Because an online course does not require students to live near campus, they often attract students from all over the world leading to a very rich and diverse learning experience.
These programs are offered with an online only delivery method:
- Master of Arts (MA) in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts (MA) in Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts (MA) in Organizational Psychology
- Master of Arts (MA) in Psychology
- Graduate Certificate in School Leadership
- Graduate Psychology Preparatory Courses*
* Fulfills the prerequisites for the Clinical PsyD program.
Learn more about our online/distance learning support here.
William James College has been approved by Massachusetts to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.