Provides administrative support to the Clinical Psychology Department (2.5 days), and temporary administrative support the School Psychology Department (2.5 days) through August 2019. After August 2019, the position will continue to provide administrative support for the Clinical Psychology Department and for one other department of the College (TBD).
- Provide general administrative support for both departments
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of departmental files, (including proper recording, storage and maintenance of electronic student and faculty records)
- Key point of contact for initial faculty and student inquiries, triage questions and follow-up as needed
- Schedule calendar invites and meetings for various faculty and staff
- Book rooms and coordinate overall event logistics (for new faculty and potential student interviews, faculty meetings, etc.)
- Plan and execute departmental events (APA interns’ dinner, etc.)
- Assign, monitor and process change of academic advisors for incoming and current students
- Assist with onboarding of new faculty
- Prepare, process and record documentation for current students, licensure forms for alumni, reimbursement for faculty and student professional development expenses, etc.
- Regularly update departmental webpages to ensure accuracy of information, audit email distribution lists
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and three years of job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Strong administrative skills with prior experience in an administrative setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer-service oriented with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Familiarity with technology is essential including: Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to compose and edit written material
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Ellen Collins, Director of Human Resources at HR@williamjames.edu.