Teachers21 is a non-profit organization founded in 1993 that is dedicated to improving the professional practice of K-12 educators and to creating supportive schools where students and adults are able to learn, grow and achieve. Based out of Newton, Massachusetts, our team of over 80 skilled consultants, who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences in education, work with schools and districts in Massachusetts and beyond. Through a variety of consulting services, programs, courses, professional development workshops, and one-on-one coaching, we help districts focus on: District Planning, Leadership, Culture, Pedagogy and Data Assessment, Content (including literacy and STEM instruction) and Supporting Specialists.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director of Teachers21.This position will provide administrative support to Teachers21.
Essential Functions for Teachers21
- Greet and direct visitors
- Ensure successful set-up including provision of materials, catering and logistics in the delivery of Teachers21’s workshops and programs
- Communicate directly with consultants to prepare workshop materials and accommodate special requests
- Generate, format and distribute District contracts as needed, as well as manage the DocuSign process for District contracts
- Create and track program registrations, payments, refunds and follow-up with registrants when necessary
- Ensure the accuracy of data in the organization’s SalesForce database in collaboration with relevant office staff
- Responsible for day-to-day social media engagement as well as creating and executing social media strategies across departmental social media channels
- Upload received Purchase Orders to appropriate contracts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and three years of job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Strong administrative skills with prior experience in an administrative setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer-service oriented with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail is critical
Interested candidates should apply to HR@williamjames.edu. Cover letters and resumes can be directed to Ellen Collins.