Financial Planning for New Families
Now that you're a parent, you have so many new responsibilities. Since some are indeed immediate and pressing, you can easily overlook or put off one of the most important: creating or updating a financial plan for your family.
My name is Sam Lookner. As well as being a professional financial advisor, I'm a parent myself - of three young children. I have been helping Freedman Center families and others for many years to evaluate their new situations.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Budgeting: examine your current cash flow and your ability to save money in the right places - based on your financial goals;
- Estate Planning: establish a proper estate plan, including guardianship for your child(en);
- Planning Funding for a Child's Education: set up an education savings account for your child(ren) to pay for future costs;
- Protection Planning: assess your changed life insurance needs;
- Income Tax Planning: learn how parenthood impacts income tax factors and strategies;
- Retirement Planning: save today for your retirement years.
Note: If you want help with any of the above, I'd be pleased to schedule a complimentary private session - at your convenience - to get to know one another and discuss how we might work together to guarantee your family's financial well-being.
Samuel C. Lookner, CFP®, ChFC®, CLU®, MBA Financial Advisor Ameriprise Financial
Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
One Washington Street | Suite 308 | Wellesley, MA 02481
Office: 781.237.0200 | Fax: 781.237.0333
Learn more about me at:
Brokerage, investment and financial advisory services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Member FINRA and SIPC.
The initial consultation provides an overview of financial planning concepts. You will not receive written analysis and/or recommendations.