Preventing Violence Among Adolescents and Young Adults
Steps that schools and communities can take to prevent violence
- Attending to social-emotional learning needs as well as academic needs
- Preventing and assertively responding to bullying
- Providing opportunities for positive community engagement and activities
- Responding to conflicts between youth or groups of youth
- Responding effectively to persons in severe emotional crisis
- Gun safety regulations
- Professional and public education regarding topics such as suicide, dating and intimate partner violence, community safety, and hate crimes.
We all have a part to play in our own families and communities to prevent violence--what we cannot achieve alone we can achieve together.
- Research & Advocacy