Individualized Child Assessments
Individualized Child Reports
The Brenner Center has outstanding mental health expertise in the specific area of psychological, educational, and neuropsychological assessment of children and adolescents for a wide variety of diagnostic, clinical, school, and educational purposes. We will provide evaluations that are guided by the specific referral question(s) presented and the intended use of each resulting written report.
The Brenner Center can provide psychological/neurodevelopmental evaluations resulting in jargon-free written reports that are used by parents, pediatricians, educators, public and private schools, and others in caregiving or professional roles. A licensed psychologist, assisted by doctoral level interns and postdoctoral fellows, will provide the evaluations. Our diverse range of experts ensures that each client receives specific, research-informed, individualized assessments designed with their histories, presenting problems, cultural identities, linguistic needs, and goals in mind. All evaluations are conducted with the very best practices available today.
A neurodevelopmental evaluation may be sought for a variety of reasons, including:
- Advanced intellectual abilities
- Signs of being twice exceptional
- The growing awareness of autism spectrum disorder
- Early detection of learning disabilities and neurodevelopmental delays
- Speech and language delay
- Complications associated with medically fragile children
- Difficulty managing the transitions of childhood
- Concerns about attention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity
- Assisting with differential diagnoses for treatment planning (ADHD, trauma, and anxiety)
- Poor self-regulation and/or behavior modulation
- Effects of traumatic experiences
- Mood and other mental health concerns
- To track progress over time
Evaluators work with clinicians, school collaterals, and caregivers to provide diagnostic clarity and answer specific questions concerning a child’s abilities, capabilities, current level of functioning, and areas of challenge. Based on the results of testing, we offer specific recommendations for treatments, interventions, and accommodations that can benefit each child reach their potential.
Our specialized neuropsychological evaluations are offered in two ways: on a self-pay basis or through the following insurance plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Beacon: Fallon Health, BMC Healthnet, Neighborhood Health Plan
- Tufts Health Together
- Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership (MBHP)
Our self-pay fee for a comprehensive evaluation and report (with feedback session for parents) is $3,000. We can provide an itemized invoice documenting your payment for you to submit to your insurance if you wish to seek reimbursement from your insurer; however, if you choose to pay privately, please know that you cannot be reimbursed by a plan that we otherwise accept.